Stay Here

I edged away from the entrance of the cave towards V.

"We're surrounded," I whispered to him.

He frowned, taking in my words. "What do you mean?"

"I heard talking and saw some heads pop up in the forest around us," I lied.

His frown deepened. "How many did you see?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, like a lot. Probably 30?" 26 to be exact.

He shut his eyes tightly, a habit of his when he was deep in thought.

"We know you're in there! Come out!" A masculine voice shouted outside.

Fuck.

"We'll bomb the cave if you don't come out."

Double fuck.

Immediately, V grabbed both of my arms and held me in place. "Listen, Dal. I'll go out but promise me you'll stay here. They probably don't know how many of us are in here, so please stay here. If anything happens to me, then stay here and wait for Yoongi to return."

Now, it was my turn to frown. He couldn't be serious. I was never the kind of person to just sit back and watch shit unfold, like some damsel in distress. Even an idiot could tell that they were going to take him away if he got caught. We invaded their land, and we were also on the brink of war. And that's only if we're lucky, and they choose not to kill him first.

I rapidly ran through all the possible outcomes and scenarios in my head, each one worse than the one before. They all ended badly for V.

Before I could speak up, he tugged on his tri blade hand claws ([A/N]: imagine wolverine), obviously knowing that he was going to have to fight, too. But I knew he didn't tell me because he didn't want to worry me.

"Please, no matter what happens. Stay here, okay? Stay safe and wait for Yoongi," he commanded with a new found courage and determination in his eyes.

I reluctantly nodded as I watched him edge his way out of the small opening in the cave. I scooted to the front to peer thru a smaller crack.

The clearing was filled with soldiers cladded in grey armor and body suits, forming a half circle around the cave. Each had a longsword in one hand and a bronze shield in the other. The weapons were beautifully engraved with a long vine with thorns that ran across the handles.

V stood tall in front of the cave with his back to me in a defensive stance.

"Identify yourself." A large, bulky man covered from head to toe in black armor emerged in front of the soldiers.

I watched as V's back tensed, and he subtly shifted his feet into an offensive position. "Do I really need to identify myself if you already know who I am?" My mouth dropped in awe, as I took in this new side of V.

He's always only shown me his considerate, caring side, so the sudden determination and strength laced in his voice was new to me. He held himself confidently, despite being outnumbered.

The large man let out a roar and held his stomach. "Of course. I can recognize a Silla scum from a mile away." He stopped laughing to take another step towards V. "What? Now, that we've got a war on our hands, you came to apologize? Or spy? Or steal, again?"

V's biceps bulged as he clenched his fists tightly against his claw weaponry. "You're wasting both of our time." He crouched his back a little and moved his hands in front of him. "I know you're going to try to kill me anyways, so let's just drop the chit chat."