Deja Vu

[Kair's POV]

"Get off your lazy ass!" was the last thing I heard before I was flung off my bed and crashed onto the hard stone floor.

Half-dazed, I rubbed my eyes. "It was all a dream."

Orion shot me a dirty look. "Of course it was. Cause that's all you've been doing for the past two weeks ever since you got back."

It's only been two weeks? Why did it feel longer? "Then you wouldn't mind 10 more minutes," I mumbled and curled into a ball on the icy floor.

Orion harshly glared at me before bursting into a maniacal laugh, which scared me even more. He bent down and grabbed a fistful of my hair and yanked my head up so I was looking at him. "You've got a job." Suddenly, he pushed my head away and it smashed into a particularly sharp stone on the floor.

That's probably going to leave a mark. Feeling a sliver of blood rush down the side of my cheek, I reached up and applied pressure to the new wound on my forehead. So much for a beauty mark. "What is it?"

He chuckled lightly and replied, "don't worry. Considering how stupidly long it took you to do your last job, I picked an easy one for you. Just a simple merchant family, the Youngs, in Gwangjeon. Five people, five slices."

I emptily nodded and stood, searching the room for a random weapon.

"Oh, before you go though, you should consider bandaging that up." He gave me a sadistic grin.

~

Simple my ass, I thought as I tossed another lifeless body on the ground and wiped my hands on my pants. I don't know why I still kind of, sort of believe some of the stuff Orion tells me.

I glanced around the blood-soaked courtyard of the Young mansion. Body count: 11.

"And a half," I whispered as I saw a guard struggle to crawl towards one of the swords on the ground.

I sighed and strolled over to him, picking up the sword. His hand dejectedly hovered where the sword once was. Blood ran down the sides of his face as he defiantly glared at me with the one eye he had left. He was a fighter, I'll give him that.

But being a fighter means nothing.

I plunged the sword thru his chest and walked away. 12.

I stood in front of the door, staring at the monstrous building. The lights were off. I was betting on sheer luck that the family was still home and hadn't found another escape route when they heard the noise outside. I usually wasn't this sloppy. I would've scouted the area first, gathered every ounce of detail about the family and building, snuck in, delivered a quick and decisive blow, and snuck out. But frankly, I don't care anymore.

Who cares if I get caught.

I closed my eyes for a brief second before a sinful prayer entered my thoughts and I forced it out.

Grabbing the nearest sword, I already knew how this was going to turn out. Everything was like déjà vu to me at this point.

I kicked the door open but stayed outside. Instantly, a sword swung thru the open entrance, into the empty space. A wide-eyed bald man held the sword with clumsy trembling hands. It was always the father first. The sword seemed to dance mid air as its wielder stared at me in shock.

"B-but you're so... young," his words fumbled out.

I gave him a thin smile. "Thanks." I took a step towards him and he automatically backed away.