Your Majesty

The next couple of weeks went by faster than I expected—than I was used to—probably because the five men made me feel oddly welcomed and comfortable in the castle; plus, Yoongi was on an assignment in the neighboring country of Baekje, which made it even easier for me to feel at home. Other than the fact that I did an incredible amount of tedious housework for RM, I almost thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Almost.

As I approached RM's room, I heard the low sounds of a hushed argument.

"I know what I saw, RM," a husky low voice hissed. "She's hiding something. She's not the naïve villager you and, for some fucking reason, the others think she is. You should've been there. The look in her eyes when I shot that arrow... She knew it wouldn't hit her. She didn't even move!"

"Maybe she was just in shock," RM proposed. "It's not everyday that some strange guy she just met decides to shoot an arrow at her out of the blue."

"No! That's not it." Yoongi let out an exasperated sigh. "She kno—"

"I talked to V about their mini sparring session. He said that she fought the same way the trainees fight when they first join. Maybe a little bit better but still the same way. I trust V's analysis."

"You trust V, but you don't trust me?" There was a coldness in Yoongi's voice that sent chills up my spine. But there was also a slight tinge of hurt.

RM sighed. "It's not that I don't trust you, Yoongi. It's just that, after what happened to your brother, you just don't trust a lot of people. And I can't always agree with your judgment because we both know it's clouded by something else."

An eerie silence filled the room.

I silently counted to five and knocked on the door. RM's loud footsteps approached the door, and he swung it open.

"Hi," I said, entering the room.

Yoongi stood still by RM's desk.

"You need something from me?" I asked RM with my eyes trained on Yoongi's back.

Almost immediately, Yoongi spun around and stomped towards the door. He stopped and glared when he got to me.

"I know you're hiding something," he viciously spat. "I'm keeping my eye on you."

Slightly annoyed and slightly scared, I replied, "Thanks, I'm flattered."

He scowled at me and stormed out the door.

I turned to RM beside me. "Will he ever trust me?"

He shrugged nonchalantly and headed back to his desk. "Maybe. Who knows. It takes a lot for that guy to trust people, but once he does, he'll die for you."

"Once he does?" I snorted. "You mean, if he does."

I strolled over to the red velvet couch that I've claimed as mine and plopped down.

"Oh, wait. Before you sleep on the job again, can you slide this under the king's door?"

I abruptly sat up. Looking at the small white sheet in RM's hand, I cocked my head to the side.

"And where's that?"

"Next door," RM replied, quickly writing something on another sheet on his desk.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

He glanced up. "Some time in this century would be nice."

"But..." I trailed off. "That closet?!"