You wouldn't want that

Something didn't sit right with me.

I glanced quickly at his bow and back at the arrow midflight. And that's when it hit me.

Not literally, of course.

I calmly stood my ground and defiantly glared at Yoongi, causing a brief expression of shock on his face.

The arrow wasn't going to hit me.

He purposefully mismatched the spine of the arrow to the longbow to throw the arrow off its intended course.

I knew.

And by the look in his raging eyes, he knew I knew.

However, that didn't stop a very frightened V from tackling me to the ground. In seconds, his hard body landed with a loud thud on top of mine, which initiated an annoyed groan from me. Realizing the pain he caused me, he hopped off me but not without elbowing me in the gut first.

I groaned again and clenched my gut, while curling up into fetal position. Worry filled his innocent eyes and he frantically glanced around.

"I'm so sorry! I was just trying to help." He tried to carry me, but I sternly put my hands in front of him.

"No, it's fine. Really." I sat up before he could do any more unintentional damage.

Then, I noticed Yoongi's intense stare from across the field.

Crap.

"Whoa, you really scared me there, buddy," I lied, throwing in an awkward laugh. "Is that how you train all the newbies?"

He stayed silent, still staring at me, except with a different look now. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but something felt different about his gaze. He looked almost triumphant, as if he knew what he wanted to know.

"Yeah, Yoongi! That was dangerous!" V shouted. "What if it killed her?"

"I wasn't shooting to kill," he replied solemnly. "If I was, then she'd already be dead."

Chills ran up my arms as he took one final glance at me before trudging off to one of the wooden sheds.

"RM, can't you convince Yoongi to be a bit nicer?" V inquired.

I set my eyes on the tall man that peeked behind the door. He simply laughed and shook his head.

"The only person Yoongi listens to is Jin," he responded.

His eyes amusedly jumped to me.

"What are you doing here, Dal?" He asked, but something in his voice signaled that he wasn't as surprised as he was trying to come off.

"She wanted to learn some self-defense," V replied for me.

RM raised his eyebrows, and his eyes played with mine for a while.

"Well, did you learn anything?" RM asked.

My stomach churned, and my gut tightened.

The way he phrased the question felt wrong.

But I switched my attention over to V's large brown expectant eyes.

"Yeah! She's pretty good. And she picked up on things really fast, too!" V answered.

RM chuckled softly. "Oh, I bet she did."

I frowned again.

"Well, if you're done with whatever you're doing, then I'd love to have my assistant back for the rest of the day."