Chapter 46

This is a longer one. And is basically a solid chapter of everyone arguing. Why? Because it's fun to write everyone yelling at everyone else. Your welcome. 

Aelin

That night everyone gathered around the long rectangular table in Velaris. Thankfully the damage wasn't too bad in Velaris, and as soon as they killed Maeve all of the spiders disintegrated into ash. Aelin looked at everyone gathered at the table. Everyone had changed into much more comfortable attire, after all of their formal outfits were wrecked. And no one felt like putting on armor. And after a quick pit stop at Dawn Court to get everyone healed, and explain to the High Lords what happened, everyone returned to Velaris for dinner. 

At the end of the table sat Feyre and Rhys both them wearing Night Court attire. Rhys had wrapped an arm Feyre, as he sipped on his wine. The massive dining room table was littered with plates full of food, and wine glasses filled to the brim with wine. Aelin herself had already drank half of her wine within the first 10 minutes of their dinner.

Next to Feyre and Rhys sat Fenrys and Azriel, who were both talking to each other. Aelin made eye contact with Rowan who was sitting besides her.

I hardcore ship them, Aelin's eyes told Rowan. 

Rowan's eyes flared. Of course you do.

You owe me money, buzzard. Rowan rolled his eyes.

Lorcan sat next to them, Elide being on his left. Lorcan leaned into Elide's ear and whispered something that Aelin couldn't hear. Elide's face instantly blushed, and her cheeks turning a bright red.

Across the table sat Dorian and Manon, both of them having hardly spoken a word to each other. They really do win the cutest couple. Manon looked bored as hell as she just drank her wine and gave a death glare to anyone who looked her way too long. 

Dorian was talking to Chaol, who decided to stick around along with Yrene. Yrene who was having a conversation with Elain. Even Nesta and Lucien had decided to join them, but Nesta looked equally as bored as Manon.

Lysandra and Aedion sat next to Aelin, Evangeline also sitting at the table. Rhys had winnowed her to the manor after freeing her from Maeve. Maeve's forces not having gone anywhere near the manor or Elain. Evangeline was just digging into her food, and was also the only person here who didn't have a glass of wine in front of her.

"Chaol," Rhys asked. "How did you get that scar on your face?" Chaol glanced over at Aelin, as Aelin cleared her throat.

"Courtesies of Aelin," Chaol said smoothly. Aelin had almost killed Chaol the night when Nehemia died. Thank the gods that Dorian stopped her.

"May I ask why Aelin gave you it," Rhys asked carefully. Everyone had stopped their conversations to hear what Chaol had to say.

"I deserved it," Chaol said simply. Aelin was of course grateful that she didn't kill Chaol, but he did lie to her. Or rather, withheld information. Aelin could tell that Yrene was squeezing his hand under the table.

"In short, Chaol didn't tell me about something that he should've and I almost killed him as a result," Aelin replied. Rhys gave a faint nod, seeing that they didn't want to say anymore. Aelin never told them about Nehemia, but Rhys knew some things about her, because of her memories. The rest of them didn't, and Aelin would like to keep it that way. Or at least for now.

"Sorry, but I have to bring this up from earlier today. But Lysandra, you killed Arobynn?" Dorian questioned, his eyebrow raised at Lysandra.

"Maybe. . . Will you arrest me if I say yes," Lysandra asked, humor dancing in her eyes. Dorian rolled his eyes.