Chapter 17

Aelin

"My lord Aelin. Do you ever stop eating?" Elide asked, as Aelin went back for her third round of breakfast. Dorian and Rowan barked a laugh.

"You should've seen her in Mistward. This is nothing compared to her appetite back then," Rowan chuckled.

"Don't even get me started on how much she ate in Rifthold. I once gave her a giant bag of candy, and it was practically gone by the end of the day," Dorian laughed. Aelin stuck her tongue out at them.

"Great, to see that we were all in a good mood," Rhys said as he walked into the dining room with Feyre. Aelin snorted. "If you want to call being made fun, by these two, then sure," Aelin responded. As she went back into her food.

"You honestly, probably eat more food than me and Rowan combine," Dorian smirked. Aelin glared at him. "Well if you spent your day by going on a run first thing in the morning with Chaol, jumping roofs, and constantly sparring, you would be hungry to," Aelin snapped back. "Not to mention, in Mistward--I put up with kitchen duty in the morning, running for miles in the span of a couple of hours, Rowan's grueling lessons, hunting down Valg, and extra morning practices. So yes, I do think that I deserve to be able to eat what ever and how much I want to, whenever. Besides, I am not the person here who still eats like a fine lady." 

Aedion cracked a smiled. "I can't believe you still remember that, that day happened over 10 years ago," Aedion laughed. "Didn't Dorian say no to being Aelin's friend, because you already had Chaol." Dorian frowned, "As you said it was over 10 years ago."

"So how long have you guys known each other?" Feyre asked. 

"I basically met everyone when I was 18 or 19. I have known Aedion since I was a kid, because we grew up together. And technically I have also known Dorian since I was a kid. Dorian and his family came over to our castle once, but that doesn't really count," Aelin replied.

All of the sudden Azriel winnowed into the room, his face alarmed. Everyone stopped what they were eating, and looked at him.

"They're here. They're approaching the city as we speak. And Maeve's sails with them," Azriel responded. Rhys swore.

"So much for having a peaceful meeting, in three weeks," Mor grumbled.

"How many sail?" Cassian asked.

"Not much, 1,000 at most. But they are all Fae. And before you ask, no, I don't know how they got here so quickly," Azriel said.

"How long do we have before they are upon the city?" Cassian questioned "Two hours at most. Maeve sails on the biggest, and most protective ship," Azriel commented. Rhys looked at Aelin and her court.

"I am not expecting you guys to fight, or risk your lives in any way. I understand if you want to go back to your homes, as I know a lot of you have family waiting, and--" Rhys started.

"Let me stop you right there. I will stay and fight. I may not be as strong as I used to be, but we were able to defeat her once, and I have no doubt that we can do it again. I will not ask any member of my court to help fight, but--" Aelin said.

"Let me, stop you there. We are not letting you take on Maeve alone again. It was foolish of you to do it the first time, and you almost got yourself killed. You would have been dead if you the cadre didn't show up. I for one, am staying," Aedion stated. Her court nodded in agreement.

"I may not be able to help on the battlefield," Elide said. "But I will try to help in any way I can." Aelin turned to face Elide.

"Elide, please don't get mad at me. But I need someone to lead in Terrasen. Chaol will be heading back to Adarlan soon, and I need someone to oversee the war preparations," Elide nodded her head. "I understand," Elide said. She turned to look at Lorcan. "You better not do anything foolish. And you better make sure my Queen gets home safe," she growled at Lorcan.