Chapter 33

Feyre

The next morning Rhys and Mor were willing to winnow everyone back to Antica. It was decided that Feyre would help Rhys with winnowing, as they had a very big group to travel with. And Dorian, using his raw magic, would help Mor winnow. Cassian and Azriel helping where they can. Aelin burned the bodies of spiders, before they left for a new campsite last night. Feyre would never get the image of those terrifying creatures out of her head. Four of them nearly killed them. Feyre didn't know how Aelin was still sane with thought that there was an army of the spiders, only a week away from her home. Aelin had claimed that the spiders were nothing, compared to some of the horrors they faced during the last war. Feyre didn't want to think too hard about that. If Aelin didn't even blink twice at the sight of the spiders, Feyre did not want to know what they went up against during their war. At least in Feyre's world, she fought against other Fae. Not some fucking demon creatures from another universe.

Once they arrived in Antica, Feyre was out of breath. Her winnowing was like she was trying to run underwater. Which is to say hard, and doesn't get you far. She definitely would not have been able to winnow with everyone, if she didn't have Rhys. Even with Feyre's help, Rhys was also panting, sweat beading down his forehead. At least winnowing was the only thing that was affected in their world.

Feyre looked around at the massive room that they stood in. With green marbled floors, domed roof, and natural sunlight pouring in, the place reminded her of the Day Court. Mosaics covered the walls, depicting battles, and other parts of Antica's history. Nearby guards were alarmed at their sudden arrival, but put their weapons away at who stood there. One of them rushed away, probably to tell the emperor and empress of their arrival. Feyre wasn't able to admire the palace for long, before the heat hit her. She was wearing Rukhin riding leathers, and lots of layers.

"Damn is it hot here," Aelin said as she peeled off some of her layers. Sweat beaded on her forehead from the heat, Feyre followed suit, taking off her own jacket. She gave it Rhysand to hold, as she took off another layer. The winds and temperatures had been brutal on the mountains, so she was extremely overdressed for the heat of Antica. Last night, Feyre heated the entire area while everyone slept so everyone wouldn't freeze. As Rhys and others were not prepared for the cold. 

"Don't you dare ever go running off like that again! At least not without telling us where the hell you are going," yelled a dark haired woman as she stormed into the room. She went straight up to Rowan and Aedion, screaming in their face. She was dressed in a simple, but expensive tunic and pants. A long dark haired man followed her, saying nothing. Feyre was a bit taken back by the woman.

"And you," the woman growled, turning her attention to Rhys. "What the hell! You guys disappear when we have dinner, and don't show up till the next day. You guys could've been dead, and we wouldn't know it." Feyre had never before seen a stranger yell at a High Lord. Neverminded the most feared and powerful one in all of Prythian.

"We are sorry to have left abruptly, but--" Rhys started. But stopped when she put a hand up and growled, "I am not done yet. All of you just got up and disappeared to who knows where. You could've kidnapped my friends for all I know. If any of you try to pull that kind of stunt again, I will personally kill you," the woman barked. Feyre became very intimidated by this woman, very quickly. She made a note to never get on her bad side.

"Do you know who you are speaking to?" Azriel growled. The woman whipped her head towards and glared. "Does it look like I give the fuck about who I am speaking to? You are in my home, in my kingdom, and even if you weren't I would be just as pissed. My lord, you guys could have been fucking dead and we would not even know where your bodies would've been," the woman barked. Never before had Feyre seen someone act that way towards Rhys. Rhys looked just as taken back.  Feyre immediately decided that she liked her.