Chapter 29

Feyre

Well I guess they're friends, since Aelin doesn't seem to want to kill her. Feyre thought to herself.

"Hello, Aelin," said the dark haired girl.

"Hello, Borte," Aelin replied back. "How's married life suiting you?"

"Bloody awful if you ask me. Who's this?" Borte asked, jerking her head towards Feyre. "Also why did you let Fenrys ruin his hair? It wasn't half bad before, but now.....you should have stayed blond." Connall stared blankly at Borte. Borte's claim of Fenry's hair was an understatement. As the twins were some of the most beautiful males that she had ever met. And Feyre lived with Illyrian males.

"It's a long story. But this is Feyre, and that is not Fenrys," Aelin commented. Borte frowned, "Then who is he?"

"Does everyone know who Fenrys is?" Connall inquired, ignoring Borte's question. Whenever someone unexpectedly mentioned Fenrys's name Connall would cringe. As if he wasn't used to people saying his brother's name.

"Everyone who fought against Erawan does. That's Connall. The never dead twin of Fenrys," Aelin said. Borte's eyes widened. "Are you going to introduce me?" asked the man who traveled with Borte.

"Yeah that's Kendric. We were both flying around, when we saw your fire. And well, no one lives out here in this frozen waste, so we decided to check it out. Turns out it was the fire-breathing-bitch-queen herself. Also, can we get going, or else Yeran is going to kill me for being late," Borte said.

"Can someone explain who these people are? And since when were we going with them?" Feyre questioned.

"Well do you want the long or short version?" Aelin asked, humor in her eyes.

"Definitely short. But make it really short, as last time you talked for over an hour," Feyre said. Aelin smiled.

"Borte fought in the war with us, and she will most likely not kill us," Aelin commented with a smile.

"That's reassuring," Connall grumbled. 

Borte rolled her eyes. "If someone were to even lay a finger on you, when you are in my care. One of the many Fae males you carry around with you, would skin me. And we can talk while we fly. But we do need to get going," Borte said.

 Aelin nodded, but Feyre and Connall still hesitated. 

Aelin and Borte both rolled their eyes.

"She doesn't bite. She is actually one of the few people who didn't hate me when we first met," Aelin said, when Aelin was already stalking over to ruks. And Kendric helped her get up on Borte's ruk without a second thought.

"Again, very reassuring," Connall said again.

"Well you can stay here, and we can come back for you after we drop off Aelin. We can't carry all three of you anyway," Kendric said.

"Like hell I am," Connall growled.

"I don't need another territorial Fae in my life right now," Aelin mumbled.

"It's fine, Connall can ride with Kendric. I can make my own wings and fly with you guys," Feyre quickly said, to stop a fight from breaking out between Connall and Aelin.

"Are you a shifter?" Kendric asked with curiosity.

"No, er, it's complicated. My magic allows me to shapeshift," Feyre stated. 

Kendric and Borte merely nodded, before Borte climbed up her ruk with Aelin already on it. 

Kendric climbed up on his own ruk, and asked Connall, "Coming?"