Chapter 45

Feyre

"NO!" Rhys shouted, as Feyre and the others broke from their daze. 

Maeve had been fighting them the entire time, and even the three of their combined power wasn't enough to stop Maeve from breaking free. 

Feyre knew that Yrene was also trying to fight against Maeve the entire time, but she had just about as much luck as they had.

 But Feyre was able to snap back into reality right as she saw Maeve swing her sword at Aelin's head, Amren sitting next to her. 

Aelin didn't have enough time to move, as she sat only a few feet away from Maeve. 

Maeve's sword was inches away from Aelin, when an invisible force slammed into Aelin's side, pushing her out of the way. 

Aelin tumbled across the ground, but the force was quick enough to stop a lethal hit, but the sword still hit her deep into her upper arm. 

Feyre could take a couple of guesses at which magic wielder saved Aelin's life, as Amren immediately had grabbed the three books and had winnowed a couple of yards away.

"NOW MOR!" Amren shouted. 

The blond haired Fae winnowed in from behind Maeve, stabbing Maeve through the heart with Goldryn. 

Black blood sprayed and Maeve screamed. 

Maeve's black blood dripped on the Wyrdmarks that Amren and Aelin had created, that she was standing over. 

Maeve's scream could be heard all throughout Orynth as the first drop of her blood hit the Wyrdmarks. 

Mor had already retracted the sword, and Maeve had fallen to her knees on the Wyrdmarks, screaming in pain. 

Her screams only increased as more black blood fell on the Wyrdmark. 

The Wyrdmarks flared, and in a blink of an eye where Maeve once kneeled was only a pile of ash.

Fenrys

Fenrys probably looked like an idiot, with his mouth wide open, and gaping at the pile of ash. 

Where the Valg Queen once stood, there was only ash, black blood, and ruined Wyrdmarks. 

Aedion was the first one to shout, "What the hell just happened!" 

Maeve was gone. Dead.

No more than a pile of ash.

"There goes my ribs again," Aelin croaked as she struggled to stand up again, from where she was pushed too. 

Thank the gods for Rowan. She would be dead without him. 

Her arm was soaked in blood, and she clutched her broken ribs. 

Rowan was already rushing over to her, wrapping an arm around Aelin, allowing her to lean on him.

"Is she dead?" Connall whispered. 

Aelin, despite her pain, cracked a smile and said, "I don't know, ask the healer." 

Everyone whipped their heads to Yrene, who looked completely drained. 

Her brown eyes sagged, and she looked completely exhausted.

"Are you asking me if a pile of ash is alive?" Yrene commented, a smile tugging on her lips.

 A ghost leopard came running into the area, it's teeth bared, looking like it was ready to kill. It stopped at the sight of everyone standing there, no sign of Maeve.