Chapter 5

Aelin

"So where were we? Right, introductions. I am Rhysand, High Lord of the Night Court, my wife and mate is Feyre, she is the one who disappeared. This here is Amren, or I guess you know her as Deanna. She is my second. Mor over here is my third. Azriel is my spy master, and Cassian is the commander of my armies. And over there is Elain she is Feyre's sister," Rhysand said. "So, who are you really? If you don't answer then I am sure that Amren will." Aelin glared at Amren, angry that she knew who she really was.

"Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius," Aelin said with a bow, not wanting to mention that she was also a queen. Rhysand raised an eyebrow, wanting to know if there is anything else they should know. Aelin remained silent, that was until Amren coughed Queen. Aelin gave her a vulgar gesture. 

"And Queen of Terrasen," she finally said. Rhysand smiled, "Well now that is it out of the way. I just received word back from Feyre, and that she is ok and that she seems to be with some of your friends. They are trying to make a portal to get here." Before Aelin could ask how he knew that Rhysand said, "The mating bond allows us to communicate in our heads like that. But since we're so far away it's taking awhile for me to get word from her." Aelin nodded.

"So..." Mor dragged, "Do you want to tell us about your world, and who Feyre might be with?"

"What's to tell?" Aelin asked with a grin. The less they know about my world the better, Aelin thought.

"Do you guys have courts? You guys obviously have magic, but do you guys have humans, Fae, that sort of thing? And should I be concerned about Feyre and who she is traveling with?" asked Mor.

"I don't know what you mean by "courts", but we have kingdoms. There are humans, Fae, and other species. And as for if you should be concerned. It really depends on how they reacted when I disappeared. I am hoping that my kingdom is still standing when I return," Aelin said with a smile, while thinking about Rowan and Aedion. She wouldn't have been surprised if Aedion was going off the walls, while Lysandra would be trying to calm him down. And Rowan. Poor Rowan. Now she was really worried about her mate. Rowan losing Aelin to Maeve, two years ago was hard enough. For him to go through that again... Aelin hoped that at least someone could keep him grounded. The sly smile on her face didn't reassure any of them.

"Look, I don't trust you and you probably don't trust us. But if anyone in your world hurts Feyre in any sort of way--" Rhysand started.

"Yes, yes, yes you will kill us. Don't worry she is with the most powerful people I know. Especially considering that when I left, I had some friends in town. Don't worry she is with the safest people I know. You can even ask her down the mating bond or somethin about how things are going," Aelin said, looking at Rhysand. Him probably having already done that. "Besides, if she likes the hangout with you old Fae, she should have no problem hanging with my grumpy immortal friends." Aelin smiled at the thought of Manon, Rowan, Lorcan, and the others in the same room together. They hadn't been able to meet up with each other that much after the war. The only reason why everyone was in town, was because they were planning on getting together for two weeks in Orynth for The Thirteens memorial. 

Aelin felt the darkness trying to get into her head. Aelin hissed in warning, "I said stay out of my head," she snapped. "Next time I wouldn't be afraid to use my knife." Rhysand eyed her carefully.

"Are the people who can access your minds in your world?" he asked out of curiosity.

"Yes, well no, not anymore. A powerful Fae used to be able to get into people's minds, make them see visions, and could even control some of them," Aelin said, trying to keep voice steady, her mind going back to when she was a prisoner of Maeve. Aelin didn't want to reveal anymore than she had too, and she certainly didn't want to talk about Maeve, or any of the Valg related shit. Aelin gave a glare at Amren, saying that if she told them anything about her life she would gut her. Amren just shrugged. Aelin didn't know how much Amren knew about their personal lives, but Aelin would be pissed as hell if Amren told them anything. 

"What do you guys mean by courts. You say you're the High Lord of the Night Court but what does that mean exactly?" Aelin asked, genuinely curious but also wanting to get as much information about them as possible. They might not be her enemy at the moment--but things have been know to escalate quickly with Aelin. And this time, Aelin didn't have a protective male keeping her arrogance in check. 

"There are seven courts in Prythian, kingdoms of sorts. Summer, Spring, Winter, Night, Day, Dawn,and Autumn. Each has a High Lord or a High Lady, or sometimes both like how we have here. Prythian is a continent of sorts, it's basically a big island. On the southern tip of Prythian, we have the Mortal Lands where humans live," Rhysand responded.

"And do humans and Fae live separately?" Aelin asked.

"They used too. There used to be a wall, separating the Fae and Humans. But now we're in an adjustment period trying to merge the humans and Fae to live together. I am going to assume that it is not the same scenario for you?" Rhysand inquired, curiosity in his eyes.

"It's complicated to say the least. Do humans and Fae live together, yes. But not everywhere, in most places they do not. Humans are often uncomfortable with Fae, and they've lived separate for so long, most still do," Aelin responded. Rhysand nodded, that's when a portal appeared inside the room. Everyone took a step back, and drew their weapons.

"Don't attack it's Feyre," Rhysand said as a brown haired Fae walked through the portal, along with Aelin's court. Aelin almost burst to tears as she ran to Rowan in open arms. The portal behind them closed, but Aelin didn't care as she kissed Rowan, and let his scent of pine wash over her. Fenrys coughed, "Are you going to introduce us to your friends?"

-------------------