Chapter 11

I have officially given up on language warnings. 

Aelin

"Honestly, Fenrys being from here is the least surprising thing that I have heard today," Aelin said to Rowan once they were alone. She plopped down on the massive bed, inside their giant, elegant, bedroom. With a couch, and table, and a massive bathroom. The room looked more like a master bedroom, than a guest bedroom. It left Aelin to wonder how big Rhysand and Feyre's chamber was.

"Honestly same," Rowan replied. Aelin still hadn't told anyone what exactly happened to her when she was with Maeve. Rowan only knew the basics, that Maeve gave her visions of realties to try to trick her into revealing the location of the Wyrdkeys. And when she wasn't rotting away in an iron box, she was being tortured by Cairn. Only Fenrys knew what happened. As it was almost as hard for her, as it was for him. For two months, Fenrys could do nothing as Aelin was constantly mutilated and then healed to perfection once more. Not to mention, Maeve forced his twin-brother to kill himself in front of Fenrys. Aelin often worried about Fenrys. As he was even more secretive than herself. But they never pressured each other on it. Only the promise that they would be there for each other, when they were ready to talk.

"So, what do you think of our newfound allies?" Aelin asked Rowan.

"They're fine. They're powerful that's for sure. Rhysand is basically radiating power," Rowan said as she held Aelin on the bed. Aelin gave a slight nod in agreement, before going in for a kiss. Rowan kissed her back.

"I missed you," Rowan murmured to her. Aelin looked at him, with utter disappointment. Rowan frowned. "What?" he asked.

"I wasn't even gone for two hours," Aelin said, not breaking his stare.

"Doesn't mean that I didn't miss you," Rowan retorted. Aelin shook her head in disappointment.

"Is it bad if I told you that while you were fading I was screaming my head off," Rowan whispered in her ear.

"I could hardly hear anyone, because my head was pounding. I thought it was Aedion who was doing the screaming. I only remembered you saying that you would find me, and me saying To whatever end," Aelin whispered back, as she kissed him again.

"Aedion certainly wasn't making the situation any better. Took Lysandra, Manon, and Elide to make us both shut up. And when we did, Feyre was there. And well, Aedion didn't handle it too well," Rowan commented.

"Let me guess, he started demanding answers from Feyre," Aelin murmured.

"That, along with pinning her against a wall," Rowan said, his eyes still on Aelin's. She shrugged. "I thought you would've been more upset by this?" Rowan asked.

"I did the same thing with Cassian, except I also used a sword," she said calmly. "Ashryvers," Rowan muttered. Aelin was about to go in for another kiss, when Lysandra barged in the room. She walked over and plopped down on the bed. Aelin glared at her.

"Can I help you?" Aelin asked, no doubt annoyed. Lysandra said nothing as she shifted into a mouse, and hid behind Aelin. All of a sudden, Cassian stormed into the room.

"Where is she?" Cassian demanded. Aelin looked at Rowan, and then back at Cassian. She smiled.

"Where is who?" Aelin asked calmly. Rowan silent, a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

"That bitch, Lysandra, that's who," Cassian demanded. A wicked grin filled Aelin's face.

"Why do you need her?" Aelin said, gathering herself.

"Her and I need to have a little talk about privacy," Cassian said. Aelin raised an eyebrow, "Don't ask."

"Well she's not here, have you checked her room, or Lorcan's?" Aelin said. Lysandra of course would have no reason to be in Lorcan's room, but the thought of sending an equally grumpy and old Fae male his way, warmed her heart.

"Of course I've checked her room. And you Aelin, are a liar. I can smell her scent in this room, so why don't you tell her to pop out from whatever form she is hiding in, so we can have a little chit chat," Cassian ordered. Aelin could tell when Lysandra shifted back into her human form, from behind her, "Hello Cassian," Lysandra purred.

"You little bitch, come here," Cassian yelled and lunged. Rowan threw up a shield of wind, and Cassian hit it staggering back. Before Lysandra could turn into a bug and fly away, Mor shouted, "Leave the lady alone Cass. I don't care what the hell she did to you, go pick on someone else." Cassian swore, before stomping out the door towards wherever Mor was.

Aelin looked toward Lysandra. "What did you do?" Aelin asked, like a mother scolding a daughter.

"Something that you would've done," Lysandra said, with a smile.

"Good girl," Aelin responded, punching her shoulder, with Lysandra pushing her back. Rowan murmured something like Not surprising, before Lysandra and Aelin also punched Rowan's shoulder. As the three of them chatted and laughed well into the night. 

--------------------------

This one was on the slower side. Sorry. There should be more stuff going on in the next one.