Chapter 7

Feyre

"Elain, what's wrong?" Feyre asked her sister. 

Her face was ghostly pale, when she came running from the kitchen into the living room.

"I saw...I saw, the Queen of Hybern..." Elain started. "She has an army....and plans to take over Prythian." Silence fell over the room.

"Are you sure?" Feyre whispered to Elain.

 She nodded her head. "I..I think they [gesturing towards Aelin and her court] know her.. Queen Hybern somehow. It's connected somehow, Feyre and Aelin switching spots....They...They need to stay. To help take down the queen," Elain stated. Feyre looked at her family, all of their faces marked with worry. We were all thinking the same thing, This can't be another war, like how it was four years ago.

"Uhhh anyone care to explain?" Dorian asked, as all of Aelin's court looked confused.

"Long story short, four years ago there was a war with a kingdom called Hybern. They used this Cauldron thing to gain power. We won in the end, but there thousands of lives were lost. Today, actually, we found out he had a wife this entire time. Who is claiming that she is Queen, we were going to have a meeting with her in three weeks," Feyre responded.

"And somehow we know this queen?" Dorian asked. 

Elain nodded, "I have seer powers, I can get glimpses of what the future."

Aelin and Rowan stared at each other, as if they were having their own silent conversation. 

It wouldn't be like last time, Feyre, Rhys said in her head. 

I hope you're right.

"Do you know this Queen's name?" Aelin asked cautiously, as if the wrong word might set her off. 

Elain shook her head. "All I know is that she has black hair." 

Aelin's face was unreadable, and her court kept glancing at her as they were all thinking the same thing.

"We only had enemies with one queen, but she is dead. She has to be dead. But as we also found out today, apparently some people that I think are dead, are actually alive. That being said there are a lot of people that hate me, and I don't think they don't have to also be a queen from our world," Aelin responded.

 Rowan slid his arm around Aelin, pulling her close to him, as he whispered to her, "To whatever end." Aelin only nodded.

"Who is this queen you speak of?" Rhysand asked.

"A powerful person. Someone who is not Fae, despite what she may lead you to believe. Someone who should be dead," Aelin said. None of her court members disagreed with her.

"I can show you what she looks like," Elain offered. "I have a faint outline of her from my visions, if Rhysand can do his whole mind thing and share me memories with you." 

Rhysand nodded, "That would work if we were willing to open up your mind to me." 

Aelin's hand began to shake a little, and before she could say anything, Fenrys stated, "I will do it." He looked over at Aelin, gratefulness in her eyes. 

Feyre opened her mind to Rhysand to ask, Did something bad happen between Aelin and Fenrys, her hands were shaking?

I don't know Feyre, darling. She panicked when I tried to enter her mind, and when I turned out the lights, when we first met. She always has her mental shields up, and she mentioned that there was this powerful Fae who could enter people's minds back at home.

That would make sense, as all of her friends also have mental shields up.

Aelin nodded, as Fenrys stalked over to Elain. "Ok, so you both need to lower your mental shields, and I can share the memory," Rhysand said. 

The both nodded, and after a minute Fenrys hands were shaking.

"It's her," Fenrys mumbled. 

Lorcan swore, and Aelin turned deathly pale.

"No, no, no," Aelin said with anger. "I killed her. What's the point of killing all these people, if they are just going to wind up alive anyway." 

Aelin glanced at Amren, who looked just as surprised.

"That's impossible," Elide murmured. "She's dead. Her and Erawan. They should both be dead."

Fenrys shook his head, "It's her. Maeve has returned, apparently to reign hell on your world too."