Chapter 10

Feyre

Everyone looked at Aelin like she was crazy. "What?" she said. "What better way to learn about each other. Beside, there has to be some fighting in the near future. It doesn't hurt to get some practice in." Aelin stared at them, waiting for some to volunteer as her sparring partner. "Unless you're too scared," Aelin added, trying to enrage anyone.

"I volunteer on Cassian's behalf!" shouted Mor. She smiled at Cassian.

"Wait, why?" Cassian asked, as if it were some sort of punishment.

"Because you're supposed to be the greatest warrior in all of Night Court, or something like that. Surely you can beat some," Mor paused. "How old are you?" she asked Aelin quietly. "Nearly 22," Aelin whispered, with a wink. "Surely you can beat some 22 year old," Mor taunted. She winked at Aelin, and Aelin grinned back. Cassian huffed, but agreed.

"Before we start," Aelin said, as they walked toward the ring. They were already outside, because some of Aelin's friends needed to get home. "What are those red things on you?"

Cassian smirked, "You'll find out soon enough." They positioned themselves across the ring, Aelin with her sword drawn and Cassian with his. Cassian went offensive, as he swiped at Aelin's stomach. But Aelin was ready, pushing off the ground Aelin span and dodged. She ended up to the left side of Cassian, and without a second thought kicked him in the side. Cassian took a step backward, to catch himself from falling. But Aelin was already moving. Cassian blocked her sword right before it hit his thigh.

Cassian pushed Aelin back a step, before he took the offensive. Aelin dodged and counteracted every move Cassian did. Cassian gritted his teeth in frustration. Neither of them used any of their magic, and Cassian did not use his wings. Aelin swiped, hitting Cassian's cheek. A trickle of blood dropped. It wasn't deep, and Cassian's magic was already healing it, but it was first blood. Aelin smiled. Cassian attacked, aiming for Aelin's legs. Aelin dodged, swiping her sword towards Cassian's face. A strand of hair fell.

"Yes, chop off his hair. He's in desperate need of a haircut anyway," shouted Mor from the sidelines. Aelin smiled. Cassian's and Aelin's swords clashed. Cassian was able to get three hits on Aelin, two on her calf, another on her arm. While Aelin was able to hit Cassian's thigh, and hit his right arm. They could've kept on going, but Aedion yelled, "This has gone on long enough, other people want turns too." Aelin and Cassian stopped and looked at Aedion.

"Last time I checked you had no interest in sparring," Aelin said. She then quickly kicked Cassian's sword off his hands. Aelin twirled and in a matter of seconds, she had her sword to his throat. Aedion chuckled from the sidelines. "I wasn't trying to distract you Cassian," Aedion shouted in his defense. "Don't come after me."  Aelin and Cassian both ignored him.

"This seems oddly familiar," Aelin whispered in his ear. Cassian growled.

"Not fair," he growled. "Your brother interrupted us. We were on a break."

"War does not have breaks," Aelin murmured, pushing the sword to his throat causing blood to trickle down. "And besides he's not my brother, he's my cousin, although he might as well be." Aelin lifted her sword away from Cassian.

"You don't fight half bad, for someone who is probably as old or older than Rowan," Aelin said. Cassian growled

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rowan shouted, eyebrows raised.

"You know exactly what it means, buzzard," responded Aelin. "You're practically half a century old, yet at 19 year old was able to beat your ass."

"That's funny, last time I checked. When we were Mistward, you could have hardly laid a finger on me," Rowan retarded with a smirk.

"Oh hush now," Aelin said as she walked over to him. She gave him a kiss on the lips. They held each other, until someone coughed, coming out the house.