Chapter 20

Feyre

Fenrys, Aelin and Feyre all walked into the cell with the door locking behind them. Maeve smiled.

"I see that you brought a friend this time," Maeve purred. "Let me guess you're the High Lady of the Night Court. I have no doubt that your mate is on the other side of the door." Feyre said nothing, as she stared at Maeve. Her violet eyes stared back as she continued to smile.

"I'm honestly surprised that you brought Feyre in here. I didn't think that she was the interrogating type," Maeve stated, eyes not leaving Feyre's. Feyre was sure that someone in Hybern gave Maeve a run down about everything. About where Feyre came from, the war,  Tamlin. She could very well have spies in Velaris as they spoke. It also left Feyre to wonder, if Maeve was actually married to King Hybern. 

"You know who I always had the desire to speak too. Manon. Queen of the Witches," Maeve stated. "I would be interesting to see how that conversation would play out." 

"Jealous that Dorian married her, rather than you?" Aelin sneered.

"I wouldn't call it jealousy, although he did promise me his throne. But I suppose that we were both lying to each other that day. I also wish that I had a chance to duel with him. I heard that he was as powerful as you. Pity that both of you lost most of your power," Maeve purred, Fenrys growled in warning. Maeve was playing a dangerous game. One that could lead to her death, right then and there from the hands of Aelin or Fenrys.

"You know I was hoping that it would just be me, you, and Fenrys that could have a little chit chat, but I suppose Feyre will have to do it," Maeve said.

"What do you mean?" Fenrys growled. Maveve gave him a grin.

"Have any of you, even thought twice about why Feyre and Aelin switched spots in the first place. Or even bother to try to figure how it was done. I am honestly a little disappointed in you Aelin, that you haven't caught on," Maeve purred. Aelin said nothing, keeping her face unreadable.

"What, were you behind it?" Feyre demanded. Maeve chuckled. "Of course, you forget that I am skilled in world walking. I needed to get you two to meet, so we could have this exact conversation. This time it was Aelin who sneered, "What do you mean?" Maeve gave another chuckle.

"You can't seriously believe that these chains are actually containing me," Maeve laughed. In a matter of seconds the chains around her wrists and ankles shattered. And Maeve lunged across the room for Feyre. Maeve was able to grab Feyre, holding her tight, as she put on hand towards her throat and squeezed. The temperature in the room skyrocketed, and Fenrys and Aelin both unsheathed their swords.

"None of that now. If you so much as take a step towards me and Feyre here. I will kill her," Maeve stated, with no kindness. Feyre tried reaching out for Rhys, but Maeve must have been doing something to mess with her powers, as Feyre couldn't do anything. Feyre clawed at her throat as Maeve started to cut out her airway. Aelin and Fenrys could do nothing, as Feyre had become a hostage.

"What do you want with her?" Aelin ordered, looking ready to pounce.

"Nothing really. But with you on the other hand, I have some unfinished business with you. I wasn't even planning on taking Feyre with us, but since she's here. I suppose I need to make sure that you stay under control," Maeve laughed. Fenrys growled.

"You are not going anywhere," Fenrys barked, "And you are not taking anyone." Maeve let out a chuckle.

"Of course I am. And you can't do anything to stop me, or else Feyre will die. And there is no point in trying to yell for help. I put a shield around us, no one can hear a word. Now Aelin, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Last time you chose the hard way. Put your sword down, and lower your magic," Maeve ordered. Feyre's face started going white, as Feyre could hardly get a gasp of air. She was still clawing, and trying to fight back against Maeve as she grip around her throat tightened. "No," Feyre managed to rasp, as Aelin, having no choice, and put her sword on the ground.

"Let the girl go," Aelin growled. "I will go with you to wherever the hell you want, but only me. No one else."

"Now where would the fun in that be. Be happy that I am taking Feyre instead of Fenrys. I have no doubt that Fenrys was in as much pain as you were in, even though all he did sit there," Maeve chuckled.

"You bitch," Fenrys barked. "Take me instead. If not just me, then me over Feyre." Feyre looked like she was going to faint at any second. "No," Maeve said with a smile. "Now Aelin come over here, peacefully, and we will go. If you even blink the wrong way, she will pay for it." Aelin did as she was told, while Fenrys cursed.

"Please," Fenrys begged. "I will give you anything. Anything. Just take me instead."

"No," Maeve replied once more. Maeve only slightly loosened her grip around Feyre's throat to keep her from fainting. Using her other hand, Maeve reached her other hand out, as a set of iron shackles appeared. "Aelin, I want you to put these on your wrist." Aelin did as she was told, as Maeve turned her head towards Feyre and frowned.

"Obviously you were not expected, so I don't have a pair for you, as of the moment. But no matter. Same thing applies to you--Feyre, if you try to attack me, or escape. Aelin will suffer, followed by the rest of your inner circle. Understand?" Feyre gave a slight nod--or as much of a nod as she could give. Feyre couldn't believe that this was happening. Everything was happening so fast. Was it really only minutes ago that she saw her mate?

"Fenrys. This isn't your fault. I don't blame you, and make sure that everyone knows that I don't blame you. Tell Rowan that I love him and--" Aelin started, before getting interrupted by Maeve.

"I allowed you goodbyes last time, you don't get that luxury this time," Maeve snapped. Maeve grabbed Aelin's arm. Aelin was able to blink four times at Fenrys before Maveve created a portal, and they walked through.

-------------------