Chapter 32

Rhysand

They were eating dinner when Rhysand heard Feyre's scream down the bond. 

He shot to his feet, everyone staring at him in confusion. 

Help them, Feyre pleaded, sending their location to him, through the bond. They wouldn't survive otherwise

They were over a hundred miles away, but Rhys would do what it took to winnow to them. Even if it meant draining all of his magic to do it.

"What is it?" Mor demanded, as magic in the room roared. 

"Come here quick," Rhys said to no one in particular. 

His inner circle was instantly to their feet, knowing what was to come. 

Rhys sent the location to Mor, knowing that she was also extremely powerful at winnowing. Mor nodded her head understanding at what she needed to do.

"What's going on?" Rowan demanded. 

Rhys looked him in the eye. "They're in trouble. Come here quick, Mor and I will take us there." Rowan didn't need to be here anymore before sprinting towards Rhys--Lysandra, Aedion, Manon, and Dorian following him. 

Nesyrn and Sartaq were utterly confused at what was going on, but Rhys didn't have time to explain. Mor took Cassian, Azriel, Fenrys, and Dorian. While Rhys took Lysandra, Rowan, Aedion, and Manon. Rhys only glanced at Mor, before they both winnowed everyone away.

Rhys never had to try so hard to winnow before.

 Granted they were traveling with a big group, but it was like he was trying to walk through mud, to get where he wanted to go. 

Rhys gritted his teeth, as he unleashed his magic, forcing himself to get to the mountain to where they were. Rhys divided deeper into his magic, he needed--had to--get to Feyre.

At last they arrived at their destination, as Rhys tried to catch his breath. 

Mor winnowed in seconds after, with sweat also pouring down her face. 

It took one look at the massive spiders that Connall and another woman were facing Rhys to grab his sword, and run towards them. 

Everyone else doing the same, with Lysandra shifting into a ghost leopard. 

Rhys made a mental note that he did not see Feyre there, and that Aelin was running away from a bloodied woman on the ground, towards the spider. But he would think of Feyre later, as he faced off one of the massive spiders. 

Rhys did not quite know what to think of the sleek, black thing in front of him. Bodies of the other spider's laid around the campsite, with black and red blood staining the stone. 

Rhys was freezing, as he just came from a rather warm climate, but didn't care. He slashed his sword against the spider, hitting her leg, shrieks filling the air. 

Rhys dodged as the spider swiped for his arm, and he was able to slam the sword on her neck. 

Rhys turned to see that the other spiders were finished off by the rest of them, and also saw Aelin sprinting back to the bloodied woman. Red blood stained her surrounding snow, and Rhys knew that she had been hit bad. 

Rhys did not see Feyre there, but could scent that she was here recently. 

The fact that Aelin wasn't panicking reassured him slightly, but he still reached out to her through the mating bond. Feyre. Are you there? Where are you?

I'm here, don't worry I am fine. Feyre responded back. Kendric was injured badly, and we had to get him away so I could heal him. He wouldn't be able to fly for a little while, we are on some nearby mountain peak. Is everyone alright? She was close then, as Rhys didn't have to wait to hear a response.