Chapter 2

Aelin

God these guys can give the Fae in my household a run for their money. 

Aelin stood before five Fae, magic in the air roaring. 

Or at least what she thought were Fae, as only some had pointy ears, and two of them had wings.

 Before this, all she could remember was being bored as hell at a meeting with Darrow and the rest of her court, discussing the rebuilding process. That was until she started to fade away, and hell broke loose amongst her court. 

The last thing that she could remember was Rowan telling her that he will find her, and her response being to whatever end. Before she disappeared into nothing, just to open her eyes to a living room of sorts, with a bunch of hot panicked Fae males. 

Just great. 

The room was cozy, with a fire going, and there were several comfortable couches and chairs. Wines glasses were on the table, and plates littered with crumbs were on the ground. 

But the hominess of the room didn't stop Aelin, from leaping off the ground and pulling out Goldryn, and yelling "Who the hell are you guys?" Followed by "Where the hell am I?"

Instantly the room went dark, and Aelin had to take three deep breaths to calm her rising heart rate. 

She felt something dark and like talons hit her mental shield. Aelin growled in warning. Ever since Maeve, Aelin wasn't letting anyone into her mind. 

Aelin, using her Fae senses, heard someone step towards her. Aelin lit her other hand with fire, bringing some light to the darkness that surrounded her. 

She twirled and, using all her body weight, put a sword to the Fae male's throat, pinning him against a near by wall. 

Aelin had a feeling, that if this male wanted to get out he could've, but he did nothing. His shoulder length, black hair, glistened at Aelin's raised hand, that was covered in fire. His hazel eyes studied her, as he made no move to against her. 

His eyes seemed to say, I am letting you do this.   

"Here's how this is going to work," Aelin said, with wickedness in her voice, the same kind of voice as Celaena Sardothien. 

The room was still dark--except for the light made by her fire--and all she could see was the Fae in front of her, and where she had the sword. "You are going to turn the lights back on, you are going to tell me who you people are, and you are going to stay the hell away from my head, or else this guy will die." There was no remorse in her voice, and she didn't move the blade from the man's throat.

The darkness went away, and in the time it took for Aelin's eyes to adjust to the new light, the Fae who had a sword to his throat moved. 

He elbowed her, making her take a step back. He knocked the sword away from her hand, and grabbed it. The room got hotter, and Aelin's eyes raged with anger. 

She took out two concealed daggers from her side, and was ready to gut someone.

"Enough," said a tall black-haired Fae male. 

His violet eyes gleaming with rage. Aelin looked around the room to see a female blond hair watching her carefully, along with the three dark-haired males. Another female Fae, who did not look like a warrior--opposed to everyone else-- stood in the corner. Most of them had weapons drawn. 

"Give me my sword back," Aelin said with calm, ruthless, rage to the first hazel eyed Fae male. 

Even though he had wings on his back, and no pointy ears, he still screamed Fae. He smiled, sword still in hand. 

"No," he said, looking like he was ready to pounce at any moment. 

Aelin took a small step forward, readying her own daggers to attack. 

Shit why do I have to be wearing a dress. Killing these guys would be much easier if I wasn't wearing one. To hell with Darrow and his formal meetings. And Lysandra is going to be pissed if I get blood on it. Which is probably how this situation is going to turn out. 

"Enough," said the same Fae male as before. "Who are you, and what did you do with Feyre?" 

Oh, he was pissed, very pissed, but Aelin didn't care. 

She made people pissed for a living for the majority of her life. 

"I don't know who the hell you're talking about, but unless he gives back my sword, and you people start answering my questions, we are going to have a problem," Aelin commented, eyes scanning the room for any other signs of other people, weapons, or exits. 

There were two exits, one to her left which lead to what looked like a kitchen, and the other to what looked like a hallway. One window, which stood behind a violet eyed man, showed a stunning starry night sky. 

Aelin smiled, knowing that if she bolted now she could make it to one of the exits, before they could stop her. 

"Where is Feyre?" he asked again, anger in his voice. He practically radiated power off of him, as restless magic filled the air.

"I don't know who that is," Aelin said again, which was the truth. 

She had no idea where she was or who these people were. She wondered what her court was doing with her disappearance, without a doubt Rowan was probably freaking out. 

"Who are you?" asked the third dark-haired Fae male. His hair was cropped, it looked like shadows were surrounding him. 

All three Fae males had the same tan skin, and dark hair. Not wanting to reveal who she was, Aelin responded with "Celaena Sardothien." 

They clearly didn't recognize the name, Good , Aelin thought to herself. Better advantage for me. '"And who, may I ask, are you."

"I am Rhysand, High Lord of the Night Court," responded the violet eyed man. He said that as if she was suppose to know what that meant. "I wouldn't ask this again. Where is Feyre?" he demanded with no kindness in his voice. 

Night Court? Where the hell am I? 

Yet the more she looked at him, she couldn't help feel like he felt familiar. Aelin glanced at the beautiful starry night from the window behind. 

It couldn't be. 

Her turquoise eyes met his violet ones and that's when she knew. 

-------------