Chapter 42

Yeah so the next several chapters are all going to be on the longer side

Aelin

Aelin only had to glance Connall's way before he immediately cut his arm and started to draw Wyrdmarks on the ground. How Connall knew about Wyrdmarks, Aelin would have to ask him another time. Thankfully it didn't take very long for Aelin's injuries to start healing themselves. But she wasn't going to let Fenrys deal with Maeve alone. And Aelin knew that Connall would do that same.

"Rhys, you need to do your mind thing as soon as you guys get to Terrasen, and figure out where they went, and what's happening," Aelin told Rhys. Everyone still looked stunned at what had happened.

"Of course, but we can't just charge in there," Rhys said.

"I know. You guys go ahead, I'm going to make a pit stop. We never actually did tell Fenrys where we put the book. If he is a good pup, then he will take Maeve to the libary and wander around, which should by us some time. Contact Elide inside the castle, do what it takes to get Maeve outside in the garden. Lysandra and Elide are in charge until I get back, " Aelin said, dropping down to the ground and making her own portal. Aelin cut her arm, and started to draw the Wyrdmarks. "Feyre you're with me. Ask Elide, she will tell you what to do. Just make sure you're outside in the garden by the time we get back, and do whatever it takes to get her to stay there. And if any one of you die, I will gut you," Aelin commanded.

"Wherever you're going, I'm coming," Rowan declared.

"No, they need you to help hold down Maeve. Don't worry, for once, I am not going anywhere dangerous. Everyone else, either go to Terrasen, or help deal with the spiders attacking this city. And Helion go heal Mor, cause she's not looking too great," Aelin said, as she finished drawing a simplified Wyvern. Mor was sitting on the ground, looking like she was going to pass out at any second. Helion didn't hesitate to winnow next to her, and started healing her.

"Where are we going?" Feyre asked, as she walked up to Aelin, waiting for the portal to be done.

"To the only person who can kill Maeve."

Fenrys

Why am I not surprised. Like honestly, she always pulls some bull shit like this. And we can't fucking trick her this time, cause she is standing right next to me. The wound Fenrys received wasn't deep, but she didn't do it to injure him. She did it so he couldn't use his magic. And it fucking worked. This was not how I thought this day was going to go. I thought today was a day of politics and other bull shit. Truly just great. And now everyone knows that Azriel is my mate. And apparently Aelin knew about this the entire time, because she didn't look the least bit surprised. Fantastic. And Helion has a son, but that's the least of my concerns. 

The stepped out of the portal and into Orynth's palace. Why do the portals always spawn in the most convenient spots? I probably should be thinking about a way to save Azriel, but like..... the world is really fucking messed up.

They spawned inside the palace conference room, with no one inside. Fenrys of course knew the entire layout of the palace by now, as he lived in it. Or at least most of it, as it was massive and he didn't really ever "explore" it. But he knew that if they took the hallway to his left, and walked down several sets of stairs they would reach the library. Aelin and Rowan weren't lying to Maeve when they claimed that Fenrys didn't know where the book was. His first guess would be the libary. But Rowan could've moved it when he was creating portals. And it had a habit of disappearing and showing up at random. 

"I don't actually know where The Walking Dead is," Fenrys informed Maeve, who had a sword pressed against Azriel's throat. They were both unarmed, and would only be able to use their fists against Maeve if they fought her.