The ghost leopard gave a confused look, before Lysandra shifted back into her human form.

"I heard awful screaming....and what the hell happened? Where is Maeve?" Lysandra demanded, her eyes falling onto the pile of ash on the Wyrdmarks.

"Is that--" Lysandra started.

"LYSANDRA! BRING ME TO MY WIFE! COME BACK HERE!" Chaol shouted from somewhere off. 

Yrene just smiled at her screaming husband. Chaol probably couldn't walk anymore, as Yrene looked utterly drained.

"I'm not dead, don't worry!" Yrene yelled to her husband, Chaol being nowhere sight.

"I know that! I would be dead if you were dead! Come here!" Chaol shouted back, worry and anger in his voice. 

Yrene sighed, before giving a faint nod to the others and running off to her husband.

"Sorry about your arm," Aelin called to Yrene who was sprinting away. 

Yrene just gave a faint wave of her hand, and shouted, "She's dead," before disappearing out of eye sight behind tower trees and plants. 

Everyone just stared in shock, before Aedion shouted, "What the hell just happened!"

"Calm down, Maeve is dead. Her spiders should also be ash, assuming that we did this right," Aelin responded.

"You said you weren't going anywhere dangerous," Rowan growled, looking down at her black and red blood stained clothes. 

All of them looked like they were going to kill Aelin, and Fenrys was inclined to agree. 

"I didn't know there would be a bunch of Fae and kharankui," Aelin pouted, as she faced Rowan's face. Her smile inches away from Rowan's snarl. 

"I'm going to kill you," Rowan growled, him still supporting Aelin.

"You love me too much to kill me," Aelin said, turning her head to face him. Aelin smiled as Rowan's scowl only deepened. 

Aelin went in for a kiss, until Rowan pulled away.

"It's because I love you, is why I am going to kill you," Rowan growled back.

 Aelin's blond hair was a mess, with her teal dress ruined, and stained all over. Her face was splattered with blood but Rowan didn't seem to care as he only kissed her again and growled, 

"Never again." Aelin only pulled away and frowned. 

"You were supposed to have grown out your hair by now," Aelin commented, staring at Rowan's short white hair. Rowan had continued to keep it short, despite Aelin's protests. 

Aelin frowned. "I never got the chance to braid it."

"You have some explaining to do," Aedion growled. 

They looked practically like twins with the same blonde hair and turquoise gold ringed eyes. Aedion looked like he was going to skin Aelin alive, as his eyes only flared and the grip on his sword tightened.

"Did they ever figure it out, or did you guys have to explain it to them," Aelin asked Lysandra and Elide, with a sly smile.

"They're clearly still very confused," Elide said as she cracked a grin.

"If Rowan doesn't kill you first, I will," Aedion growled. "Explain."

"Well as soon as Maeve announced that she was taking Azriel and Fenrys with her to get the book, I knew that we were all screwed. We never told Fenrys where the book was, that much was true. But Elide knew where it was, and she was also in the castle. So while I sent you guys to go find Elide, and get Maeve outside, Feyre and I stopped by Rifthold, where we picked up Chaol and Yrene," Aelin said smoothly.