Chapter 14

Lucy's POV

Because Jennie's mother was a muggle, she told me that she often went shopping with her so a few days before Christmas Jennie invited me to go shopping for a few hours with her in the city of London.

After breakfast I hurried upstairs and decided on wearing a grey sweater with black jeans and a black trench-coat. I put on the bracelet Severus had given me for my birthday and put some black wool gloves in the pocket of my coat because I knew it would be quite cold outside.

Severus agreed to apparate me to Jennies house because of course I was not allowed to do magic outside of Hogwarts.

"I'll see you in 3 hours, you got everything you need? Do you have enough money with you? If not I can give you some more. And are you warm enough?" Severus acting like a worried parent put a smile on my face.

"I have everything I need." I giggled. "See you later and thanks for bringing me."

With that he gave me a quick hug and apparated away again.

"Lucy!" I heard Jennie call as she raced towards me and hugged me tight. I looked up at the house she had come out of. It was huge, indicating her parents were pretty wealthy.

She was wearing a black fur coat and her hair was in a braid, in one hand she was carrying a baby pink handbag.

Her driver brought us to the city centre and we began looking around in various different shops. The only thing I was really on the lookout for was a present for Severus. The only interest I knew he had was potions, but in muggle stores they wouldn't have anything related to that.

"How about something personal? But you know I bet he would be happy about any gift you get him." Jennie reassured me, clearly noticing my distress.

Finally I found something I thought he might like. There was a place that engraved notebooks, so I picked out one with a black leather cover and had the man engrave 'Severus' onto the front in silver cursive writing. He also neatly wrapped it up in red and green wrapping paper. The reasoning behind me getting him this present was because I always noticed single pieces of paper laying around the house where he had scribbled notes about potions in them. I thought if he had a place where he could gather all his notes it would be more efficient. I really hope he would like this present.

I still had some money left so I bought myself another pair of earrings. These were emerald green studs.

Once we finished shopping and we saw that we still had another hour left, Jennie and I sat down in a cozy cafe and drank hot chocolate while sharing a piece of cake and admiring the snow that was beginning to fall from the sky.

Severus apparated to Jennie's house exactly on time and when we were home the first thing he said was "I like your new earrings."

I was really surprised he would even notice so I made sure to hide his gift in the pocket of my coat to make sure he wouldn't see it before Christmas.

"I hope you had a nice day with your friend." He started the conversation as we were eating dinner together.

"I did, and thanks again for bringing and collecting me." I smiled up at him as I took a spoon of my soup.