Chapter 39

Lucy's POV

The day had come where the three champions were going to be announced. Dinner had just ended and we were all talking amongst ourselves in our houses, when Crouch told everyone to take a seat and that the drawing of the champions was going to begin now.

Even though nobody in my year could participate, I was still excited to see what Hogwarts student would be pulled.

"The moment you have all been waiting for, the champion selection." Dumbledore walked towards the goblet of fire that still had its signature blue flame flickering above it.

I was sitting wedged between Terence and Jennie, all of us watching carefully. Dumbledore held his hand towards the flame and a piece of parchment flew into the air as the flame turned red for a split second. The parchment landed between his fingers, he read it and called out "The champion for Durmstrang will be Viktor Krum!"

All the Durmstrang students that were sitting on one side of the room clapped loudly and also some Hogwarts students joined in. There was no denying Viktor was a celebrity and without even looking I knew Ron was cheering for him because he was a big fan.

Viktor got up and while receiving many pats on the back from his fellow students he went up to shake Dumbledores hand proudly.

Dumbledore repeated what he did the first time and then read the next parchment. "The champion from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic is Fleur Delacour!" All her fellow students cheered for the girl who also walked up to shake Dumbledores hand and then went to stand next to Viktor.

Now the Hogwarts champion would be announced, we were all excited to see who it could be.

Dumbledore grabbed the parchment that was flying in the air and read "Cedric Diggory for Hogwarts!"

Everyone from Hogwarts and especially the ones from his house cheered and clapped for Cedric.

"What a coincidence that the student that is chosen is someone we have actually met before." Jennie giggled and I nodded in agreement. Although we weren't friends or anything, it would still make watching this tournament more exciting to have someone I am acquainted with compete.

But right as Dumbledore called out "We now have our three champions!" and pointed at the Triwizard cup that the winner would receive, the goblets blue flame turned into that same red again that it usually does when a name is drawn.

"How bizarre, do you think there is something wrong with it?" Terence said and we all leaned over to look at the goblet in confusion. And just like it usually did, a piece of parchment flew into the air.

What was going on here?

Dumbledore walked up to the goblet and caught the parchment. He took a lot longer to read it than he did wit the previous ones.

"I thought only three students could be champions." Jennie whispered to me. "Me too, what is going on here?" I whispered back.

"Harry Potter." Dumbledore said.

What.

"Harry Potter!" He called more loudly, but not in a proud tone like he did with the other champions. More in an angry, demanding one.

From across the room I saw Harry hesitantly get up while receiving boos from his own classmates. They all seemed very angry and upset with him being chosen. I wasn't though, I was scared for him. I had heard how dangerous these tasks were and I really did not want someone who was my friend competing.

Snape's POV

Potter walked up to where all the other champions were standing. How the hell did he manage it this time, just because he is the so called chosen one he thinks he deserves special treatment for everything. I honestly refuse to believe my daughter is related with him, they have nothing in common. Lucy is a Snape, Harry is so much like James Potter. Always wanting to be the centre of attention.

I definitely would have to ask Lucy if she knew how Potter manage to pull this off later.