Chapter 13

Lucy's POV

It took a great deal of convincing in order to make them stop accusing Severus, but all that changed after Harry's first Quidditch match. Even though we were technically rival houses, Jennie and I stood together with my friends in the Gryffindor section because, after all, our friend was playing for that team.

Harry seemed to be doing well until suddenly it looked like his broom was jinxed by somebody.

"Look! Snape is muttering something to make Harry's broom go out of control." Hermione called out.

Full of disbelief I grabbed the binoculars from her and looked for myself what was going on at the teachers stand. Much to my surprise Severus seemed to be chanting something while keeping his eyes glued to Harry, but then when I looked up further I noticed Professor Quirrell doing the same.

This once and for all proved that my D.A.D.A teacher was not as innocent as he made everyone believe he was. Of course I believed Severus from the start, but this was the first time I had caught Quirrell doing something evil in action.

I wanted to tell Hermione that she was wrong but when I turned around she was gone.

"Sorry Lucy but Hermione is right you know, she has to go do something to stop Snape from jinxing Harry's broom or he might fall off." Ron said with a sympathetic smile.

I paced from side to side worried and unsure what to do. I wanted to run after Hermione to stop her but I knew Severus didn't want me to reveal anything about his concerns for Quirrell. I really wanted to yell at Ron for thinking my father was a bad guy, but I knew I should not cause any unnecessary attention right now.

Anxiously I looked with the binoculars at the Professors stand again to see what Hermione was doing. Suddenly I saw a teacher next to Severus get up with an alarmed look. Once Severus looked down he had the same expression and was frantically stomping on the ground, soon I saw that Hermione must have set a fire.

In the process of trying to put the fire out, Severus managed to knock over Quirrell and the second that happened Harry had control over his broom again.

— Time Skip - Winter break —

It was the day before our winter break would begin and only a select few students would be spending it at the castle. I was not sure what Severus planned so during our usual meeting after class I asked him.

"Well I was thinking if it was alright with you we could be spending Christmas at my house" He suggested. "I mean our house." He quickly added with a small smile.

I nodded with a huge grin. Finally I could go to a home where I really belong.

The next day after I packed my things and agreed with Jennie we would meet up one day to go shopping together during our break, I scooped up Panther from my bed and headed to Severus personal chambers.

"Ready to go?" He asked me. "Yep." I smiled and we walked out the exit to the area where he could apparate.

Fortunately this time I did not feel so nauseous when we landed.

Once we arrived I looked up at a rather dim looking brick house, outside it was raining ever so slightly but when Severus unlocked the door I felt very at home.

"Sorry it isn't much." He sighed as he led me into the living room.

"No, I love it." I assured him, almost tearing up at the thought of finally having a home. He gave me a soft smile and started carrying my bags upstairs.

"This is your bedroom, right next to it is mine. If you ever need anything." He said that last part a little more quiet.

I've gotten to know Severus quite well over the past few months and I could tell he was no exactly someone who showed his emotions easily, but whenever he did open up a bit more it made my heart flutter with happiness and I was overall so grateful about how caring he was being. In his own way.

I walked into the room and the walls were painted white and the floor was grey carpet. There was a queen sized bed right in the middle of the room and it had green sheets on it. There was also a wooden dresser in one corner of the room which had a mirror with a golden frame hanging above it.

Severus put my bags down for me and I placed Panther on my bed who I could tell also felt right at home.

"I will call you when dinner is ready." Severus announced before heading back downstairs.