Jonah Marais

{imagine}

{warnings; break up, Ed Sheeran song preference so, it's gonna be a lil sad, a lil bit of fluffy flashbacks}

{description; Jonah can't help but realise that after you two broke up that, you are so much happier with your new boyfriend when you two see each other at a wdw concert. it breaks both of your hearts but, both understand why breaking up was the right thing to do. until your new boyfriend breaks your heart and, suddenly, maybe breaking up wasn't the right thing to do for you and Jonah.}

{a/n; flashbacks will always be in italics and if I feel like it, I'll make this into a second part. oh, and the lyrics from Ed Sheeran's song happier will also be featured and your name is Ellie. enjoy!

- - - 

Walking down 29th and Park. I saw you in another's arms. 

Jonah couldn't help but let his heart shatter as he noticed his now ex-girlfriend Ellie in another boys arms as he went outside for some fresh air right before his concert with his band. The worst part for him, he had noticed the WDW VIP lanyards around both Ellie and her new boyfriend's necks. Meaning that not only was Ellie and this new boy going to be at the show but that Jonah was going to get introduced to her new boyfriend. Not that he hated that Ellie was coming as that is what he always wanted, for Ellie to come to as many shows as she could. However, he never ever imagined that she'd be going with someone that wasn't Jonah.

Only a month we've been apart, you look happier. 

The thing that hurt Jonah more than anything was that Ellie looked so much happier with her new guy than she did with him. Corbyn had then noticed as to why Jonah was looking off into the distance and tries to get him to go inside - whacking Corbyn's hand away, Jonah couldn't help notice something else that he had dearly missed about you, your laugh.

Saw you walk inside a bar, he said something to make you laugh. 

Due to there still being an hour before the WDW show, Ellie and her new boo had gone into a bar but, not before he had made a horrible joke that made her laugh obnoxiously loudly. So loud that Jonah and Corbyn heard it from across the street. Both seeing how happy Ellie was. 

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours yeah, you look happier, you do. 

Jonah noticed that Ellie's and the boy's smiles were twice as wide as Jonah and Ellie's were. It hurt him terribly knowing that he couldn't make Ellie as happy as this new boy could. It made his heart sting as if a bee had just stung him. 

Corbyn had finally persuaded Jonah to go back into the concert venue with him so Jonah wasn't putting himself through any more pain, especially due to the concert in an hour. However, Jonah had to wait until Ellie and her new boy had gone into the bar so that he could have one last look at her before he possibly sees her tonight at the show. 

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you, but ain't nobody love you like I do. 

It was known pretty well that Jonah and Ellie's breakup was seen in the media as the messiest break-up of 2018 and that Jonah had cheated on her or that something bad had happened between the two. However, that was the biggest lie ever. It got so bad that even both of Ellie's and Jonah's family, friends as well as the WDW boys had to speak out and say that what the media was saying about the breakup was false! The breakup was mutual between the two and, they both agreed that if they just happen to find someone new, that it's okay and that they'll still stay as best friends no matter what happens between the both of then. And that was them being genuine and serious with each other as they were childhood friends who started dating and then realised that it was the right person, wrong time situation and, that's okay. The only people that Ellie and Jonah were hurting were themselves because they were trying too hard to be that perfect social media couple. And, it stressed them out too much because they were too focused on making the fans and media satisfied that, they forgot to satisfy and focus on themselves.