Christmas

It's finally Christmas Day, have I mentioned yet just how much I love Christmas? We have stayed over at Lando's parents house with my parents joining at 10am to open presents. I have woken up early as I always do because I'm just too excited. I notice there is a stocking at the end of the bed and I'm confused because my parents stopped those years ago. My moving must have disturbed Lando as he rolls over and grabs my waist "Merry Christmas Mols" I grin down at him "Merry Christmas, any idea why there is a stocking by my feet?" I question and he looks up at me and shrugs "no idea you had best open it" I don't hesitate and sit up and grab the stocking. I pull the first item out and it's a Terry's chocolate orange also known as a Christmas necessity, "oooo McLaren orange" Lando says and I give him a look. The next item is a pair of neon green socks with Lando's race number on confirming my suspicions that it's from him. The next item is a little model of his race car on a little stand with his name on, it turn to look at him and he gives me a cheeky grin "I remembered how much you loved your stocking every year and I could resist! Keep going" he gestures. I pop my hand in and pull out a milk carton key ring and I let out a laugh as I'm pulling out the final item which is a framed picture of us from Monza. It's such a thoughtful thing for him to do "I themed it around me and McLaren as I  felt you needed more reminders of me in your life" I giggle as he is the constant reminder. "Thanks for this Lando it's really special"

We chill in bed til 9 when we get up and ready going downstairs to see everyone. As we enter the living room I see that everyone accept my parents are already here Cisca (Lando's mum) comes over and gives me a hug "Merry Christmas love" she says to me and then she moves to Lando. We take a seat with Oliver and Little Cisca whilst Lando's dad Adam puts on the Christmas music. I know I've always been part of this family it just feels more real now, we told everyone last night and they all reacted with pure joy and a couple of 'I knew this would happen eventually'

My phone goes off a couple of times and I see it's the group chat

Albono - Happy Christmas guys! I hope you all eat far too much food and get spoiled with your presents!

GEOOOORGE - Yeah everyone Merry Christmas! Have the best one!

Milkman - thanks guys, have a great Christmas ps hope you like my presents

Squirt - MERRY CHRISTMAS! I love you all and make sure you eat enough food for me as well!

I pop my phone away and wonder what Lando got them for Christmas he refused to tell me. There is a knock at the door and Adam goes to let my parents in. I rush over and hug them both wishing them happy Christmas. Now everyone is here we can open the presents. My mum and Cisca divide the presents out to the right people and we all end up with piles each and as always we take it in turns to open our gifts. I got some really cute homewares from my mum and dad, Lando's family got my a cute new Olivia Burton watch I've had my eye on - Lando must have tipped them off. Alex sent me a new red bull team shirt and George got me the new book from my favourite author. I've saved my presents from Lando till last like he has done with his. We are still taking it in turns and he is next he opens my first present which is a Razer keyboard for his gaming "woah Mols I've been wanting one of these for ages!" I smile at him whilst starting to unwrap my first gift and I open it to reveal a photobook of our life together so far from school through to the last season with a screenshot of the first text I sent him telling him I loved him. "This is amazing Lands!" I gives me a happy look "I'm hoping we can make enough memories to make many more!" I love that he has made a tradition. Everyone else keeps taking turns till it gets back to Lands. He opens the paper to reveal a framed picture of his podium with the words '20 years in the making, I always have and always will believe in you' underneath. He looks quite emotional and gives me a side hug I hear him whisper "I love you" in my ear before he pulls away.