Day one

Molly

Today was the first day, although I feel like I'm part of the team from last season anyway!
I can't believe I'm working as my best mate's PR manager! I mean although I worked hard for my role I know that Lando pulled some strings at McLaren.
We are currently sat waiting to board our British Airways flight to Melbourne, Australia! For the start of the 2020 season, the whole team is buzzing to get going after some pretty solid results in winter testing.
I pull my laptop out to start going over Lando's media schedule for Thursday as it's going to be a pretty full on day. "Lando?" I ask and He jumps as I tap his shoulder to get his attention, "shit! yeah Mols?" I laugh at his panicked expression "sorry! Just need to go over your media schedule for Thursday, I have booked most of the interviews I know you don't mind doing but just needed to check a few things with you" Lando nods and puts his headphones away.
We sit and discuss and finalise Thursday till the boarding call for our flight, thank goodness for the distraction. I am the absolute worst flyer, it's take off and landing for me.

Lando grabs my hand as we head down the jet bridge to board the plane, he knows too well about my fear of flying and tries his best to keep me calm. "Mols it's all going to be okay, I'm here and everything will be fine!" I just about managed a nod before focusing on remembering to breathe.

We take our seats Lando takes my window seat as he knows I cannot stand it and I sit between him and Jon (Lando's trainer) all the announcements are made and that's when my panic starts to set in, my knee starts bouncing and Lando spots my nerves. He passes me my earphones and makes sure I have my playlist on and pops an arm over my shoulder. The plane rattles down the runway and my eyes screw shut til I can feel we are in the air. I'm okay once we are airborne - I turn to face Lando who is trying his hardest not to laugh "sorry you just always look so scared" and he starts to giggle, I punch his arm "oh shut up"

10 hours later we landed in Singapore for our flight to Melbourne. It's been a long day already and I cannot wait to get to the hotel in Oz and get some sleep. Only another 5 hours to go! I check my phone and see there are some messages in the group chat ( F1 besties ) which pretty much consists of Me, Lando, Alex, George and Charles. We all pretty much grew up together at all the different race weekends!

George:
How are you getting on Squirt? We all know you are a flight risk!

Me: HA HA very funny Russell. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Lando: she was fine, but please remember we have another flight to go so don't wind her up too much!

Alex: it's okay Mols we love you regardless

I looked up to see Lando with a coffee and a muffin outstretched towards me
"I thought you could do with a pick me up!" Lando says I thank him and tuck in

Lando:

I can't believe I get to work with my best mate, it makes life so much easier! I'm so glad she wanted a career in PR and that she was good enough to get into McLaren.
This season should hopefully shape up to be the best one for me so far in F1. The car felt great in winter testing. We are just hoping it lives up to its requirements!

As I'm sat chilling next to Mols at the departure gate Carlos comes over "hey mate '' I hold my finger to my lips as I have I noticed that Molly is on a call. Carlos spots her and smiles "bet you are glad to have her this season!" I smile "yeah life should be much easier with her bugging me instead" Carlos nods and says his goodbyes as we are called to board.

Molly was okay on the last flight but who knows how anxious she is in her head. I grab her hand again as we board the plane and follow the same routine as last time. She smiles at me and it makes my breath catch in my throat. I have always been in love with her but we can never be together. It would ruin everything.
I can feel myself being shaken and open my eyes to see Molly. She looks worried "I'm sorry we are heading in for landing and I can't handle it without you" I smile and rub my eyes and grab her hand as the plane begins its descent into Melbourne.

Best friends to PR - lando Norris जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें