Chapter 10

I just hung up the last item of clothing when I herd a knock on my door. "Co...me in" I stuttered. I hate that I stutter so much but I can't help it when I get scars or nervous.

I herd the door open and foot steps heading my way. I quickly pulled my sleeves down, Making sure that all of my scars, cuts, and bruises where covers up.

I turned around to find Bryson standing in the doorway of my closet. "It looks really nice, I'm impressed" he commented.

"Thank you" I mumbled quietly, while looking at the ground trying to hide my blush. I herd a soft chuckle come from him.

"Anyways I just came up here to tell you that something came up so we aren't going to eat dinner as a family tonight" he told me.

"Wh...what happened" I questioned. I instantly regretted asking when I saw Bryson stiffen. "Just some work" he said quickly. He seemed a little weird but I just ignored it.

"Just because where not eating doesn't mean that you don't have to eat" he told me raising a single brow. Great my plan just went down the drain.

I opened my mouth to protest but Bryson beat me to it. "And don't tell me that you had a large lunch because I know exactly what you had. I know that your probably still anxious and you may be stressed but you need to eat" he told me sternly.

"Ok" I mumbled quietly. He looked like he was about to say something else but instead turned around and started walking. I followed after him not wanting to disobey him.

We walked down the stair and into the kitchen. "So what do you want to eat" Bryson asked me cheerfully. I was about to shrug me shoulders but then I remember that they want verbal responses.

"It doesn't matter" I told him. "Ok so then what about some Mac and cheese" he asked me. "Ok" I answered him.

To be honest I love Mac and cheese. I've only had it once and I was beat black and blue because of it but it tasted so good.

About two years ago I made Mac and cheese for Darrell. It looked so good and it had been over a week since I ate food last. So I decided to eat just a little bit of it, but Darrell walked it right as was did so.

He threw me onto the floor and started to kick me while calling me fat and ugly. He the grabbed a knife and carved the word fat into my back.

"Makayla are you ok" Bryson voice brought me out of my thoughts. I flinched at his voice. "Are you ok" he repeated. "Yea I'm f...fine" I told him. I balled my fist up digging my finger nails into the palm of my hand to keep my self from crying.

He looked like he didn't believe, but instead of questioning me further he said "your food is done". He placed a rather large bowl of Mac and cheese in front of me.

It looked and smelled amazing. I thought that he would just make the box kid but no this was homemade. Even though it looked incredible there was no fudging why I was going to be able to eat it all.

I looked at Bryson with pleading eye. He shook his head and said "eat as much as you can and I eat what ever you don't eat". I picked up the spoon and slowly took a bite.

I was right, the Mac and cheese was amazing. I was barely able to hold the moan of delight back. Bryson could tell that I liked it and smirked. "I guess Ethans not the only good cook around here" he chuckled.

I nodded my head after taking another bite of the food. "Are you talking about my cooking" I herd someone say entering the kitchen. I flinched slightly but I don't think that they saw.

"Yep Makayla and I where just talking about the fact that I'm the best chef in the house" Bryson said. I turned my head and saw Ethan with a fake hurt look on his face. "There's no way that Makayla said that" he said.

I finished swallowing my second bite of food already feeling full. "N...no I...I just s...said that his Mac a...and cheese was g...good" I stuttered, my cheeks turning red.

"Aww look at how cute she is" Bryson gushed making my cheeks even redder. What is it white these guys and making me blush. Decided to ignore them I just took another bite of my food.

After that I was full. I put down the spoon and pushed the bowl away from me. "You can't be done yet principessa" Ethan said now standing behind me (Princess).

"It's just been a long day and I'm not hungry" I said doing my best to get out of eating. If I take anymore bite I will most like throw up.

I looked over to Bryson with pleading eyes. He let out a sigh and said "I'll eat the rest of it but I need you to have a large breakfast ok".

"Ok" I spoke quietly, a small smile forming on my face. Bryson took the bowl from me and got a spoon before digging into his creation.

I started heading up stairs want some medicine but I was stopped by Ethan. "Before you head up to bed there's one more thing I have for you".

I turned around and saw that Ethan had three white boxes all different sizes in his hands. "There's the lasted Mac book, Apple Watch and, iPhone" he told me.

My eyes grew to the size of saucers hearing his words. "Ethan I can't take this" I whisper. "Yes you can and you will" he Ethan tells me. He placed the three boxes in my arms before saying, "Luke can help you set everything up tomorrow".

I mumbled a quite "ok" before I turned to head up stairs. As I was exiting the kitchen I herd a door slam and yelling.

"GET OFF OF MY FUCKING BACK ARCHER" I herd the chilling voice of Dylan yell. "Your behavior today was incredibly recluse and irresponsible" Archer said in a sickening clam tone.

"I GOT THE FUCKING JOB DONE DIDN'T I" Dylan asked as he continued to yell. The voice of my brothers where getting closer and closer.

"Just because you can get the job done does not mean that you can do whatever you want" Archer still said in a clam tone, but there was a sharp edge to his tone.

"YOU DON'T FUCKING CONTROL ME ARCHER" Dylan yelled. Both of my brothers where now I the kitchen. "What's going on here" Ethan questioned in a serious tone.

"Nothing" Dylan hissed at him. "Well then can you stop yelling a scaring or poor little sister" Ethan hissed back at Dylan.

All four pairs of eyes snapped to me. For the first time I released that I was shaking in fear. Whenever I herd yelling it usually ended with me getting beat.

"Makayla are you ok" Bryson asked me concern etched on to his face. I looked around and saw that Ethan had a similar look on his face, while Dylan was just giving me the death glare. Of course Archer wore the same emotionless face that he always has.

"I...I'm fine j...just a little c...cold that's all" I stuttered out not wanting to tell them the truth. "Go up stairs and get into bed if you need some extra blankets let me know" Ethan told me. I mumbled the words ok before all but sprinting out of the kitchen.

I rushed up the stairs and into my bedroom. I quickly opened and closed the door before heaving a sigh of relief. I walked over to the bed side table and dropped all of the boxes onto it. I then jumped into bed not even caring that it was only 10:00.

I closed my eyes and let darkness consume me, falling into a restless sleep full of nightmares.