Chaptet 29

Luke's POV:

I sat in the car next to Makayla looking down at her small sleeping frame. She looks so cute when she sleeps.

Over the past few weeks we've all gotten closer. I do my best to hangout with her whenever I can so that she's not alone. But according to her, some people actually enjoy reading books, like for fun.

I know Makayla was really happy to come to school, for some reason, but I really didn't want her to come. It's not that I don't like her, it's just that at school we can be different people.

We have an image to uphold. There are a lot of little gangs that think they can target us at school. We also handle business there sometimes.

Well Dylan handles most of the business, but we have to deal with it too sometimes. We do more now that were about to be eighteen.

Once we become eighteen we officially join the family business. That's why we've been doing so much extra training lately.

I was broken out of my thoughts as we approached the house. I looked down a Makayla's sleeping form. "Where here baby" I said as I gently shook her awake.

She groaned as she opened her little eyes. I've always loved her blue eyes. She rubbed her eyes and looked out the window of the car.

We all grabbed our stuff and got out of the car. Like pretty much everyday Dylan disappeared off to his room and me and Liam head to the kitchen. Makayla bids us a goodbye and told us that she's going upstairs to do some homework.

I don't understand why we get homework, if you can't teach the material in the time given then that's the teachers fault not the students. I don't understand why we have to suffer even when we get home.

Then again I don't even know why I'm complaining. With all the money Archer has invested into the school, we practically own it. We can get away with anything there.

I'm never telling Makayla that though. For one I love how much she cares about her work. And two she would start to get suspicious.

"I'm starving" I groaned to Liam. "Then go make yourself some food" he replied while rolling his eyes. "But can't you just cook me something" I whined.

Liam once again rolled his eyes before heading into the pantry. He came back out with a bag of chips and threw them at me. " Bon appétit" he said.

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "Thanks" I muttered. I opened the salt and vinegar chips, and started to munch on them.

"Really chips, and right before training" I herd someone say from behind me. I turned my head to see Ethan with a disappointed look in his face.

"I would eat something better but Liam doesn't want to cook" I whined. "Oh well I didn't release that I was the chef of this house" he said rolling his eye again.

"If you keep rolling your eyes there going to get stuck in the back of your skill" I said with a smile. He looked me dead in the eyes before doing one of the most dramatic eye rolls ever.

"If you two are done I suggest that you go change. We live in ten minutes" Ethan told the two of us. I threw the chips back into the pantry before heading up to my room with Liam following me.