Chapter 42

Makayla's POV

Everything was dark. It was so dark. But it was still so loud. There where so many BANGS. I just wanted it to stop.

I wanted to know why these people where trying to hurt us. Did my brothers do something. Was it because of their money. Did it have to do with the letter.

The BANGS started getting faster. But some of them also sounded closer. It sounded like it was coming from right in front of me. But that's impossible because the only thing in front of me is my brothers.

All of a sudden though the BANGS stoped. But the air was soon filled with an awful screeching sound before one final BANG. But this one was different then the others.

My eyes shot open and I looked around frantically. Maybe that was just a bad dream. I looked around to find myself in my bedroom. With king next to me.

He looked concerned, but when he saw I was awake his tail started wagging. He let out a soft whine and touched my hand with his nose. I scratched in between his ears to comfort him.

I herd my door open and I tuned to see Bryson. In his hand was a glass of water and some pills. "Hey, your up" he stated walking closer to me. He placed the water and pills on my bedside table before taking a seat on my bed.

"How are you feeling" he asked placing his hand on my forehead. He didn't miss the tiny flinch I had. "I...I'm ok" I stuttered. King rested his head on my lap.

"Do you want to talk about what happened" he asked me. I simply shrugged my shoulders as I looked down at my bedspread. I knew if I started talking about it I would start to cry again.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. Just know that I'm always here to talk" he sighed. I couldn't take it anymore. I launched myself into his arms and started to cry yet again.

"I was so scared. It was so loud. I thought someone was going to die. I thought that I might lose one of them" I sobbed into his chest.

"It all just happened so fast. One minute I was looking out the window, and the next Liam told me to get down" I continued to sob into his chest.

The entire time that I cried into his chest, Bryson just ran a comforting hand along my back. "Bryson, it sounded like guns. And it sounded like some of the shots where fired from our car" I said as I looked up at him.

My sobs have slowed to steady hiccups. "Does Liam have a gun" I asked Bryson. I don't know if I really wanted to know the answer to my question.

"Yes he does. We all have a gun. We carry them for safety purposes. Sometimes other companies are so desperate for the top spot, that there willing to do anything" he told me almost as if it was a script.

His words seemed almost planned. I ignored the weird feeling I got in my gut before nodding my head. "Is everyone ok" I asked quietly. I feel really bad that this wasn't the first question that I had asked.

"Yes, everyone is ok. The twins are just with Archer telling him what happened" he told me. I just nodded my head not really knowing what to say.

"Are you hungry" Bryson asked me. I just shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to speak. "Let's go downstairs and you can get a snack before dinner" he said.

He stood up, with me still in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kept my head in the crock of his neck. King followed us as we made our way downstairs.

As we entered the kitchen I felt him try to set me down. Needing the comfort that he provided, I held on even tighter. He let out a sigh and gave up on setting me down on a stool. King stood right behind us, keeping a close eye on Bryson.

"You know I can't really cook anything if I'm holding you" he stated. "You could make ice cream" I suggested.

"Fine, but don't tell your brothers about this" he caved after a second. He opened up the freezer to check what flavors we had. "What about mint chocolate chip" he suggested.

"Ewww. No way" I said shaking my head. "What's wrong with mint chocolate chip" he asked me. "It's disgusting" I fake gagged. "Ok, well what do you want" he asked.

"Chocolate chip cookie dough" I told him. He mumbled a small fine before digging through the freezer to find the flavor that I wanted.

He pulled out the tub of cookie dough ice cream and grabbed two spoons. "Remember, you will not tell your brothers about this" he told me as he handed me a spoon.

He carried me over to the couch before sitting down. He shifted me so that I ended up on his lap. King laid down by our feet, hoping for something to fall.  He handed me the tub of ice cream, and I dug in.

It's not like the ice cream made me completely forget, but it helped numb me. The pain from the brain freezes made some of the bad thoughts go away.

Bryson had turned on the tv, but I was to focused on eating my ice cream to care. "Gosh, slow down before you get a brain freeze" Bryson warned.

"To late" I mumbled though a mouth full of ice cream. "No talking with you mouth full" he playfully scolded me.

For the next twelve minutes I sat on the couch eating ice cream straight from the tub, while king laid on my feet. Once I had made it through half of the tub Bryson took it away stating that, "I had to much" and that "I still needed to eat dinner".

I only groaned as he took the tub of ice cream away from me. I laid back onto him, feeling like I was in a food coma.

The tv was still playing but I was to caught up in my thoughts to pay attention. Those bangs had to be from guns. I know what a gun sounds like.

But why where Liam and Luke so calm. People where shooting at us for Pete's sake and that acted like it was just another Monday. They acted as if this was all just normal.

Thankfully the sound of footsteps broke me out of my thoughts. I looked up to find both sets of twins walking though the door.

I jumped off of Bryson's lap, causing king to let out a soft whine, and ran straight for them. I gave both Liam and Luke a giant bear hug. "Are you guys ok. Are you hurt. Was it my fault. Are you in trouble" I started to ramble.

I was cut of by Liam saying, "where ok, principessa". "The real question is how are you" Luke asked me, ending the hug so that he could look at me.

"I'm fine. It was all just a little scary" I lied. The truth was that I was petrified, confused and I have a gut feeling that this is all my fault. I feel like this has something to do with the note that I got at the mall.

The urge to cut has come back, and to be honest I don't know how long I'll be able to last. I just need some kind of control right now.

"Where really sorry that you had to go though that" Liam told me with a somber look on his face. "It's not your faults. I'm just glad that everyone is ok" I told them.

They but shared a guilty look before turning back to me. "Dinner is about to start you guys" Bryson calls from his spot on the couch. "From the looks of it, the two of you have already had your dinner" Liam said with a raised eyebrow.

Bryson rolled his eye as he stood up and headed into the kitchen. Once my brother let got of me Zander swept me into his arms. "My baby, I'm so sorry that happened to you" he said as he continued to squeeze the life out of me.

"Oxygen" i whizzed out. Getting the message, Drew pulled me out of Zander's arms. Zander looked as if someone had just stabbed his puppy.

"Why did you take her" Zander whined. "Because she needs to breath" Drew said in a duh tone. He finally placed me back on the ground next to king.

"Let's go sit down" Luke said taking my hand. I nodded and followed him to the couch. The rest of the boy trailed behind us.

I ended up sitting down between Zander and Luke. I felt my eyes slip closed and I started to fall into the darkness. Who needs dinner anyways.