"Let them go," Elide sneered. Maeve only smiled. "Would you like to join us? Fenrys was taking me to the library."

"Please Elide," Fenrys begged. Elide eyes locked with his own, and saw his silent plea. She lowered her knife, and locked eyes with Maeve. "What do you need from them?"

"The Walking Dead. Fenrys tell me he doesn't know where it is, perhaps you do?" Maeve said smoothly. Maeve didn't need to threaten her, not with the sword next to Azriel's throat.

"Release them and I'll give it to you," Elide said, her voice steady.

"I'm going to kill you," Fenrys growled. They both ignored him.

"Fabulous, Fenrys you're with us," Maeve said, pointing the sword away from Azriel and towards Fenrys. Fenrys was grateful that Azriel wasn't traveling with them, but he almost wished that he was instead of Elide. Azriel barely held up against Maeve, and even with Elide's training that she's gotten in the past two years, she wouldn't stand a chance. Some lord, Darrow is. Letting Elide sacrifice herself like this and not saying a damn word. But Fenrys would yell at Darrow later.

"No. Only me and you. No one else," Elide stated. 

"Sorry, dear. Fenrys and I have some catching up to do," Maeve purred. 

"Stop this. Take me with you instead of Fenrys," Azriel said, blood still trickling down his neck and wing.

"Fenrys loves my company too much to switch with you. Lead the way Lady Lochan," Maeve said, going behind Fenrys's and putting the sword in front of him. Elide glanced at Fenrys before she led them away, Maeve bracing a hand on Fenrys's shoulder pushing him along. The Book of Breathings was tucked under the arm that braced Fenrys's shoulder. Damn it Elide. I fucking hope you are not actually going to give her the book. Fenrys arm was still bleeding, but he truly couldn't care less. Not when Elide might die at a moment's notice, or any of his friends for that matter.

"Why do you even need the books?" Fenrys sneered as Maeve kept a hand on Fenrys shoulder. If Fenrys even moved his throat too much, the blade would pierce. And he didn't want to have anymore of the fucking poison in him. 

"The three books together would be powerful enough to allow me to take over both of your worlds. They might not be as powerful as three Wyrdkeys, or the Cauldron, but together they are probably the equivalent of two Wyrdkeys. And we all saw how much damage Erawan did with two Wyrdkeys," Maeve commented. They followed Elide down several hallways, and down several sets of staircases, until they reached a room with an iron door. Elide took out a key that Fenrys didn't know she was carrying, and unlocked the door. Past a door was a long narrow hallway, with lots of iron doors on either side. Fenrys knew this was probably the treasury, or some other mini dungeon. He never really bothered exploring every hallway inside the castle, as it was enormous and Fenrys didn't really care. But there were no guards, only endless iron doors.

Fenrys was able to count 33 iron doors they passed by before Elide stopped in front of one, every one of them identical. Fenrys definitely wouldn't have been able to guess that this was where the book was. He was grateful that they moved the magical object into some place more secure than the library. Not that it mattered now.

Feyre unlocked the door, and there was nothing inside the concrete room, besides The Walking Dead lying in the middle of the floor. Maeve smiled at the sight of it. But Elide immediately went into the room and picked up the book. She pushed herself against the wall a knife in one hand, and the book in another. Idiot move. Elide was trapped, and Fenrys was still hostage. Maeve had forgotten to order Elide to drop her knife, not that she could do much with it now.