"Wrong answer," Maeve told him, pressing her the sword made of pure darkness closer to Azriel's face. Fenrys would make sure that they stayed away from Elide, and anyone else who might be in the palace.

"We could go to the library. But they have used it recently, and I don't know where Whitethorn put it. And it likes to disappear," Fenrys told her.

"Wrong answer again," Maeve said as she pressed the knife to Azriels throat, and blood trickled down his neck. Azriel didn't even flinch. Fenrys gritted his teeth.

"Would you like a tour of the castle? While we wait for a magical book to appear," Fenrys growled.

"You and your mouth. I hope you don't act this way to your new queen," Maeve hummed.

"You know, I've always hated you," Fenrys snarled. If Maeve was going to threaten Azriel, he might as well stall her. He knew the chances of Aelin or any of the others doing anything to stop Maeve were slim. But it couldn't hurt to wander around aimlessly. 

"Oh I know. Everyone knew. Why do you think that you were the one in my bedroom," Maeve purred. Fenrys cringed. That was one part of his life he tried to forget. 

"Well, your majesty, I guess we're going to the library then," Fenrys told her, as he started to walk towards the library. There was usually no one ever there, thank the gods, but Fenrys would still try to take the longest, and least people filled way possible. Thank the gods that Aelin had practically no guards in her castle. They were only some guards positioned at the entrances and exits. And since no one has tried to assassinate Rowan and Aelin yet, they had no need for any extra guards.   

Maeve said nothing as he followed Fenrys out of the room. Fenrys prayed that they would not run into anyone, especially Elide. He couldn't allow Maeve to have another leverage over him.

"You missed a turn," Maeve told Fenrys, as they walked past a hallway. Indeed that hallway would've taken them on a more direct route to the library. But Fenrys was trying to buy them time. Rowan could've also taken the book back to Azriel's world, so Fenrys really didn't know where the damn book was.

"If you know the castle so well then why don't we just follow you," Fenrys said through his teeth.

"Still have a grudge about me faking your brother's death. Powerful things illusions are," Maeve commented, still following Fenrys. Azriel growled in warning. That's when they turned a corner and Fenrys saw Elide talking to Darrow in the hallway. Fenrys swore, while Maeve only smiled. Elide turned her head and paled at the sight of Fenrys, Maeve, and Azriel.

"Hello, dear," Maeve commented to Elide. Darrow looked like he saw a ghost.

"What's going on," Elide growled. Fenrys eyes pleaded with Elide and Darrow to run. But Elide only unsheathed a concealed knife from a side, and positioned herself in a fighting stance. She wouldn't stand a chance against Maeve, but Elide didn't look like she had any intention to escape.

"Fenrys is helping me find something. I hope that you won't get in our way," Maeve told them.

"Elide," Fenrys warned. "Please just go. Please." He wouldn't put anyone else in danger. Especially not Lorcan's wife, and a Lady of Terrasen. Elide did no such thing.

"You can go to hell. Let the boys go, and crawl back to whatever hell hole you came from," Elide sneered. Darrow said nothing and just had a sword drawn. Shit does everyone carry weapons around here. I guess after Erawan everyone does.

"I hear that you have a baby now, congratulations," Maeve said with a small smile. Elide's face remained masked.

"Elide," Fenrys warned again. Maeve could go to hell. If she tried to use Elide's child to get what she wanted.... "Please go." Elide ignored him.