Chapter 26

Day 52

Nothing lasts forever. Not relationship, not one's mindset and definitely not people. Aidan is leaving today and there's nothing I could do about it. I wish there was. We had began to grow a lot more comfortable around each other this past few days. He made me feel like the old me. He made me feel safe. Now he's going and I didn't know what's next; how I'm expected to feel.
He strangely made them go away— the nightmares I mean. I slept and woke up with him evading me thoughts. He was slowly becoming my drug— my beautiful addiction...

"Ok, I'm ready to go," Camila said, bringing my writing to a halt.

Cherry was very intrigued after what I told her about Aidan yesterday— about how he made me feel safe, how he made me see the world in a better view and how he challenged me to be a better version of myself. She encouraged me to write more about it, or in her words "let your emotions flow out through the pen and on the paper."

I found myself letting my emotions flow all the while waiting for Camila to take a shower, having already taken mine. I shut my journal, secured it safely in my bag and zipped it up. With my hand enclosed around my locker, I twirled my body, facing her.

     She was dressed nicely from head to toe, spotting more colour on her cheeks. Over the couple of days, I might have failed to notice how she was looking better— less moody and more meatier—might I say—in some areas. It was a good look on her.

"Is this jacket okay?" She stroke a pose. "I mean do you think it clashes with the top?" She asked, opening up her jacket a little so I could see the said top underneath. I shook my head. "Ok then, let's head out." She swirled around, picked up her purple rucksack and swung it over her shoulders. I repeated the actions and off we went.

As we headed down the hall, I couldn't help but think of a reason as to why Aidan wasn't presence during breakfast. I hoped he wasn't met with something bad.

Was he in trouble? Had he already left? The thoughts only made me lightheaded and my armpits clammy.

"Hey, you okay?" It was almost surprising how the thought of him could make me forget where I was or who I was with. I looked at Camila. She had her face smeared with worry.

I composed myself. "Ehm... Yeah, I zoned out for my bit. What were you saying?"

Camila and I departed ways at some point, leaving me to count my steps as I stalked to my group therapy session. I could only wish that Aidan would be in attendance. Now knowing I wouldn't be able to see him everyday made me more greedy for his presence.

I pushed the door open and his smile was what I knew I had been missing the whole day. To anyone else, he simply had on a straight face, but I could see it because it was meant for me. His smile was in the way his eyes twinkled, the way he straightened up when he first saw me, the way he expected me to sit beside him by draping his hand around the empty chair.

I flashed a smile at Diamond, Milo and Cheryl before settling down.

"Hey."

     I turned to see the shades of grey I had grown to adore. The first one that drew my attention the moment he walked in.

"Hey yourself," I fired back. His presence made me feel lightheaded, giggly even. His hand was still draped across the head of my chair. I don't know what compelled me to do so, but for the first time in a long time, I initiated contact. Contact with someone non female. I gently grazed the tip of my fingers against his, slowly entwining our fingers together.

     The sour feeling in my stomach grew in strength. The bitter fact that I won't be able to see him everyday, left a gape in my heart.

He applied pressure on our hold. "Nice dress." I replied with a thanks, smiling softly to match his own. I had on a vintage knee length floral dress; wide neckline with pockets by the side.