Chapter 10

Day 20

A blank sleep is better than one full of demons.
- Chella

     You know that feeling you get when you first open your eyes in the morning?. Your mind completely void of any thoughts. No worries what so ever, just that peaceful state of mind. It's almost like being revived after suffering a terrible death...

     Then your brain's mechanism starts to turn again, reminding you of the day before and the day ahead.

      The day was finally here. Oh yes, the day that would change my life forever. Starting from today, I may or may not have the answers I've been desperately needing.

     I groaned, swinging the blanket off me and pulling my legs over to the edge. I stretched my arms while on the bed, wait...on the bed?. If I remembered correctly, I dozed off on the couch at the cabin, right?.

     I knew I'll probably get the answers later so I didn't dwell on it. My mind wasn't at peace, I had so much running through it; so many questions. Would I like it there?, what would the people be like?, would they like me?,  or would they think I was some kind of broken soul that couldn't be fixed?. So many questions yet no answer at all.

     My things were neatly packed, backed up to the corner and ready for a new adventure. I had only what the center required. Clothes, shoes, toiletries, undies, some sentimental items, my iPod etc. The list goes on, but phones, laptop, camera and sharp objects weren't allowed. Bizarre right?.....well except the sharp objects, that was totally understandable.

     I stood and headed to the bathroom. I started the shower and while it heated up, I pulled off my clothes and tied my hair up, all while trying to avoid looking at the mirror.

     I stepped in and slid the glass door shut. I sighed, instantly relaxing. The slightly hot water felt so good against my skin. I stood underneath the shower head, cocking my head to the side, so as not to get my hair wet. It felt so nice being the under the running water, I didn't want to ever get out. But like they say, not all good things last forever.

Knock!... Knock!

"Honey, you in there?", Mom asked from the other side of the door.

     I yelled back a response, hoping she could hear me over the sound of the water. She apparently did because she told me to come have breakfast when I was done, then silence...

     Once I was done, I slid the glass open and grabbed a towel, dried myself off and wrapped it around my body. I let my hair down, giving it a little shake to get all the tangles out and walked back to the room. One thing that I knew all girls hated was having to look for what to wear, especially when going out, so I planned ahead. I walked to the closet, opening the doors to expose the only items in it. A dark skinny jeans, a red and black, long sleeves flannel shirt with a black bodycon shirt underneath it and some black combat boots. Nothing too fancy.

     With the items in my hands, I walked to the bed and placed them gently on it. In order for me to get dressed, I needed one last item. I walked to the underwear drawer and pulled out a nice grey lace set. I also placed the undies on the bed, next to the rest, tugged the towel off and got dressed.

     Next I went to my vanity table to grab a brush. Gently I stroked my hair, staring at the empty space where the mirror used to be. I had it taken down after my breakdown on the unfortunate night. I sprayed on some perfumes, clicked on my earrings and off I went, making my way down the stairs.

     The house was filled with music yet I only noticed it when I stepped out of my bubble. The song sounded so familiar, but I couldn't just recall its name. The melody for sure was that of a very old song.