Chapter 33

Day 66

     Life is a journey, a test, a rollercoaster and a haunted house all wrapped in one. It wasn't pretty all the time, but when it was, it was worth living for. That was something I promised myself to do as I watched my 'treatment' draw to a close. I promised myself to live; live life to the fullest, live each day like it was my very last one.

     The birds outside my window were getting more restless the more I cringed my eyes, trying to will my body back to sleep. It was like they were excited for me to begin the day, like they had a feeling today was a good day.

...

"You're excited, aren't you," Diamond asked for the second time, still bouncing on my bed.

     I gave a breathless reply, still fluttering around the room, ensuring I had everything packed.

     Today was 'the' day. I was so excited, I couldn't think straight. My parents will be arriving any minute from now to take me back home. I was so excited I could barely sleep a wink yesterday.

     After the quite enjoyable movie yesterday, I refreshened up a bit then headed to bed. I had planned on sleeping early and waking up even earlier, but I just couldn't. Ten minutes into trying to sleep, I gave up and just decided to beginning my packing earlier than intended.

"Quit bouncing on the bed," I scolded Diamond. We had only just eaten breakfast ten minutes ago and here she was behaving like a child on a sugar high.

     I could understand her excitement though. She rushed in after me upon our return from the cafeteria, offering to help me pack as she had already sort out her things two days ago.

     The first thing she said with a shake of her head when you saw my half-full suitcase was "I can't believe you're still not even done packing up until now."

     As for the offering to help part, there she was bouncing on my bed and throwing questions at me.

"Did you pack your underwear?"

"What about that grey shirt you wore often?"

"And your toiletries?"

     I couldn't help but sigh. "Yes, yes and yes. Anything else?"

     She definitely wasn't sensing my annoyance because she began again. "Well...

     Whoever was knocking at the door was a lifesaver, I thought. The person knocked firmly again before popping in.

     Miss Celesta stood at the doorway, surveying the room. If I was correct, her eyes looked a bit glossy. Like she was trying her hardest not to cry. "Ah!Packing aren't we?"

     Before I could think of responding, she fired again. "Mr. Sebastian wishes for your presence at twelve on the dot." She held her sleeves to her nose. "So be there on time," she hurried, racing through the door in a gust of rosy air.

     I looked to Diamond, a bit surprised. We both shrugged and went back to what we were doing.

     Miss Celesta wasn't a character that had too much a front role, she preferred to work from behind the scene. She was indeed important.

     She was definitely among the top ten of things I was doing to miss about this place.

     I looked at the clock hanging at a far corner. It was already fifteen minutes past twelve and I was still the only person in this huge office.