Forty Five

--New cover! Thank you so much omeglestyles for making this for me, I love it. What do you guys think?--

Niall turns the heat on when we step inside the apartment, and I almost don't recognize the place. He's painted the walls, a dark smokey grey, and has new leather couches and a coffee table. I expected it to be messy but it looks like he had made an effort to clean.

Did he know I would come home?

He walks by me carrying Rory in his seat, and I follow him to Rory's room; my previous paint room.

The walls are painted in there too, a baby blue colour. The crib that I bought at the antique store is in it's same place, as well as his change table. I put Rory's diaper bag on it, taking out some of his outfits and diapers and wipes. I needed to go shopping and get him some new things. Our luggage was still outside in Niall's car, but after he set Rory down in his crib he left the room and then I heard the front door closing.

Sighing, I rubbed my sore temples, and peeked inside the crib. I made sure the blanket was tucked comfortably around him, and leaned over to kiss his lips gently.

While Niall was getting the luggage, I went into his room to see if any of my clothes were left. Opening the closest, I looked at what was my side to see if anything was left, but it was overrun with Niall's clothing.

I couldn't help but look, my hands touching the hanging fabric of his sweatshirts and button ups, his t-shirts and jumpers. Sighing, I turned to walk out of the closest when something caught my eye, and I squinted in the minimal light coming from his bedroom.

A second thought didn't catch my mind as I reached out and grabbed ahold of the bottom of a thigh length purple dress. Taking it off the rack, my mouth goes dry as I stare at the skimpy looking club dress that definitely was not mine.

I would wear something like this back in the day, but certainly not now.

"What are you doing?"

I turn around quickly at the sound of his confused voice, clutching the thin fabric in my fist and outstretching my arm to him. "What is this?" I ask him, completely ignoring his own question.

His eyes glance downwards, mouth slightly agape as if he didn't know what to say.

I march out of the closet, so angry I can't even think straight. It disgusted me even more that he couldn't come up with a straight answer.

"Fuck you." I spit, shoving the slutty dress to his chest and stomping towards the door. Niall grabs my arm before I can get far and yanks me into his body, holding onto my arm even as I struggle to get free.

"Get off." I seethe, trying to pull free from him, but he intensified his hold by splaying his other hand on my back between my shoulders.

"Stop, let me explain." He pleaded with tired eyes.

I shook my head, still fighting him, yanking hard enough to cause us both to stumble slightly.

When I manage to pull free I walk again to the door but Niall gets there first, and he slams a palm on the wood above my head and closes it swiftly. My fists clench at my sides, and I'm fuming, wanting to do or say anything I possibly can to make him hurt but nothing comes to mind.

"Would you fucking listen to me?" He pants, trying to turn me around by my shoulder. I swat him away and tell myself mentally that I will not cry.

"Who are you sleeping with?" I blurt, and I want to curse myself for opening my big mouth.