Eight

"Niall, I'm begging you. Begging you. Please just think about it."

For what seems like the thousandth time in the last hour, Niall rolls his eyes at me in an annoyed manner.

"You're already four months Shay. It's too late."

"It's not," I argue, kicking my feet at the corner pillow on Niall's couch. "There's still time."

"Haven't you adapted to the fact by now that I will never sign those papers?" He raises an eyebrow at me and I stubbornly cross my arms over my chest.

He was right, I had realized a while ago that Niall had no intentions of allowing me to get what I wanted. I had gotten used to being pregnant, and also to the given fact that whether or not I wanted to, I was having this baby.

"You're ultrasound is at 2, right?"

"Yes." I sigh, closing my eyes. I found it hard to lay on my back much anymore but Niall's couch was quite comfortable so I didn't mind it.

"My feet hurt," I complain, rubbing my bare heels against his pillow. With my eyes closed, I feel his hands take ahold of my legs before he carefully lifts them up and plops down on the couch.

I stay silent, letting my legs rest on his lap as his large hand cups the arch of my foot.

"Niall!" I squeal as his fingers press into my foot, my leg jerking in his hold. He laughs and shushes me as he rubs the sore tender spots on my pregnant lady feet, while I attempt to not kick him in the face accidentally from being so ticklish.

"Gosh, you're squirmy" He chuckles, his thumb pressing down on a particular sensitive spot. A low, humming moan vibrates through my chest and I fall back into the couch, my hand quickly covering my mouth. Niall breathily chuckles again and continues applying pressure to the spot he found.

"Don't act so embarrassed, I've heard you moan before" He attempts at a joke and I lean up on my elbows, scowling.

"Don't lie. You don't even remember."

"It's coming to me."

"Sure, Niall." I roll my eyes again. I'm pretty sure that's all Niall and I do, roll our eyes at each other.

"Does it hurt here?" He asks, changing the subject and rubbing the outer part of my heel. I let out a sigh, nodding my head slightly as my eyes flutter shut. If he wasn't careful, he would put me to sleep.

"Don't fall asleep on me, Shay" He whispers. Now that I think about it, I really love his accent.

"Then you better stop rubbing my feet" I smile, stretching my arms out. Niall laughs, carefully lifting my legs from his lap as he gets to his feet, offering me his hand. I take it, his other arm wrapping around my back as he helps me up from the couch. I can't help but groan, wishing I could just go to sleep forever.

"Appointments in 45 minutes, we better get going."

Sleepily, I nod my head. Niall leads me to the door of his apartment, which was only 15 minutes away from mine. I slip my flat shoes on while Niall grabs his keys, and we head out.

*

I wasn't looking forward to getting this ultrasound, because this time was different than the other two I had already gotten. This time, Niall was going to be there, and this time the small, unborn human growing inside of me would actually look like a baby, not just a blob.

I didn't like the thought of that. In fact, every time I thought about being pregnant, it scared me. I had something living inside of me, a tiny little baby that depended on me for it's life. Any decisions I made about my body would ultimately effect the child growing inside of my stomach; and I didn't like that weight being on my shoulders. Anything I drank, or ate, my baby was drinking and eating too. I thanked god that I wasn't a smoker, that definitely couldn't be good on the baby.