Thirty One

(Gonna start throwing some music at the beginning of chapters! Some of my music is a little odd, just a warning.

I highly suggest you check out some of the songs because a lot of them relate to either the specific chapters or Shay and Niall's relationship!)

Songs:
Lady Antebellum - Cold As Stone
Milky Chance - Stolen Dance
SZA ft. Chance The Rapper - Child's Play

The vacuum might as well have been a tornado, the loud noise of it not only irritating me but making Rory cry too. I tried to clean as quickly as I could, but the constant distraction of Rory needing my attention made it difficult to get anything at all done.

The phone was ringing in the background, though I had no idea where I had left it, and I was a little occupied with Rory in my arms and the vacuum being balanced upright by my foot.

Giving up, I powered the dreadful machine off, and rocked Rory carefully in my arms.

"Shh, peanut. It's okay. You're alright." I hummed, kissing his forehead.

Walking over to the window I peeked outside at the light drizzling snow. I couldn't believe it was December already. Rory was nearly four months old, it was insane. It felt like just yesterday I was holding him for the first time, so thankful that he was alive.

The door opened and closed with a slam, Niall grumbling as he stormed in. I glanced at him over my shoulder, looking away from the pretty green and red lights displayed outside on the Christmas trees.

"What's wrong?" I asked him immediately, frowning as his jaw tightened.

"Just stupid shit at work." He grumbled, yanking his dirty t-shirt off and walking away, somewhere down the hall.

Sighing, I lifted Rory to rest his head on my shoulder and followed him down the hall.

"Niall"

He turned around, in the process of putting another shirt on. His cheeks were rosy from being outside in the cold, though his eyes were colder than the weather was right now.

"What?" He gaped, running a hand through his hair. He squeezed by me to move back out into the hall and I rolled my eyes. Sometimes he was such a pain in the ass to have a conversation with.

"More bills came in today." I told him as he walked into the bathroom, turning on the sink. He scrubbed the dried paint from his hands, glancing at me from the corner of his eye.

"More?"

I nodded, sighing. The bills seemed to be endlessly racking up, it was tiring.

"And Rory is going to need some more clothes, and a proper crib." I glanced down at him, smiling at him as he stared up at me with his little fingers in his mouth. "He's growing so fast."

"I can't do much about it right now, Shay." He groaned, drying his hands off on a towel. I understood that he wasn't exactly bringing in cash like crazy but we had to clothe our child.

"It's kind of important..."

"What would you like me to say?" He snapped, placing his hands on his hips. I narrowed my eyes on him, not about to deal with that tone.

"I don't know, something along the lines of 'alright, Shay. We'll get him some clothes soon.'....Yeah, that would work."

"Bloody hell."

He stomped passed me once again and stormed out of the bathroom. I followed after him into the kitchen. This wasn't supposed to turn into an argument. It was common sense that our baby was going to grow.