Twelve

My eyelashes are blinking rapidly up at him, lips still feeling the lingering numbness from his heated kiss. Without another word spared between us, my fingers slide behind his nape and I tug him down to me. Our lips meet once again and I can feel Niall smiling, urging me to lay back by my hips.

He rests his knee against the bed between my thighs as he leans over me, my open mouth gasping to allow his hot tongue entrance.

My fingers tighten behind his neck, squeezing at his skin. He parts our mouths, lips still brushing and breaths heavy.

I open my eyes, staring at his closed lids, pretty lashes brushing against the tops of his cheeks.

"I have to tell you something." He whispers, chest pressing to mine. I shake my head immediately, our noses bumping.

"No talking." I reply in a rush, tugging him down by the collar of his t-shirt. My mouth attaches back to his, teeth clinging to his bottom lip.

"Shay" Niall groans, my right leg lifting to wrap around his hip. He doesn't put too much weight on my stomach, but his lower body comes down further onto me.

"Shh" I whisper, the sunset shining through the window and creating a soft glow throughout the room.

Niall reluctantly stops talking, bowing his head down as I kiss along his neck. His t-shirt is removed, tossed somewhere behind him. My fingers cascade down the front of his chest, exploring further to the prominent muscles set into his stomach. He groans as my fingertips tug on the elastic waistband of his boxers, letting them gently snap back against his hips.

I can sense his hesitance as my lips trail along his neck, and I'm unsure why. Then it hits me, that maybe he doesn't want this. Niall probably found me attractive when we were drunk, but now, it was different.

I shove him back with a gasp, Niall quickly rolling off of me. He lands on his back beside me, staring up at the ceiling as he catches his breath.

"I'm sorry" I mutter, my throat closing up.

"It's okay, Shay." He responds cooly, fingers brushing mine.

But it wasn't okay. It was far from okay.

*

"Are you ready? I don't think I'm ready." Niall mumbles nervously from the backseat. I catch Arabella roll her eyes from her spot on the drivers side, tapping her fingers against the wheel.

"I'm ready." I smile to myself, shifting in my seat to get more comfortable. The car ride to the hospital is somewhat quiet and awkward after that, but Arabella wanted to come when we found out the sex of the baby; which was today.

I was a tad bit excited, a little nervous too. Everything was happening so fast. Niall had asked me to move into his apartment and I was seriously considering it. We weren't together, but I thought it would be best for the baby if we were all together. I hadn't told Arabella I probably planned on moving out yet, though.

The walk from the elevator to the room I was told to go to seems long and antagonizing. Only Niall was allowed by the hospital to be in the room with me, so Arabella was waiting for us in the main waiting room.

As I walk into the room, Niall takes his seat on the chair beside the bed I have to lay on. His hand takes mine, like it did last time, while the nurse turns on the equipment and preps me for my ultrasound. I'm shaking, my breaths trembling. I don't know why I was so afraid to find out what we were having, maybe because it would make it all more real.

The nurse is smiling as she rubs the device over my stomach, taking pictures of different images showing up on the screen. The images are so advanced now, that I can see my baby flex it's fingers inside the womb. I gasp, my eyes taking in every little movement, every little heartbeat.

"Well, I know what you're having. Would you like to be surprised?"

"No" Niall jumps in quickly, shaking his head with his wide eyes locked on the screen. He's sitting on the edge of his seat, foot tapping impatiently on the floor.

The nurse laughs, smiling up at me and then Niall. I nod in approval, urging her to continue.

"Congratulations. You're having a baby boy"

I let out a sigh, still staring at the screen. Niall presses his lips to the back of my hand repeatedly, nearly squeezing my fingers off.

The nurse gives us some privacy, exiting the room. Niall stands up as soon as she's gone, pulling my face between his hands and pecking my mouth sweetly.

"I'm so happy" He coos, lips sloppily trailing all over my face. I giggle, swatting him away as he leaves a wet kiss to my cheek.

"I am too." I admit, dangling my legs over the side of the bed.

Before I can hop down, Niall catches me and lifts me back to sit on the bed. His body moves between my parted thighs, warm hands clinging to my sides as his head dips into the crook of my neck.

"I care about you, Shay." He whispers, lips brushing the sensitive skin where my neck meets my shoulder.

I close my eyes, lifting my arms to wrap around his shoulders.

"I care about you too." I smile, more to myself.

"Then move in with me."

"I'm thinking about it."

Niall pulls back, his smile still plastered on his face. "What's to think about? Just do it"

"I don't know, Niall.." I admit, sucking my bottom lip into my mouth. I was still a little wary about the idea. I just had a feeling it wouldn't turn out well. It's almost like Niall can sense my thoughts, his head tilting sideways.

"I'm not going to hurt you, you don't have to be afraid."

I found it hard to believe that. Maybe he had no intentions of hurting me, but that didn't mean it wasn't possible.

Julien had promised he would never cause me harm, but that was the hugest lie I was ever told in my life.

"Shay" Niall is gazing at me as I seem to snap out of my daydream. His warm hand is cupping my cheek and my face immediately nuzzles closer into his touch.

"I'll move in with you." My voice breathes in a whisper, Niall's smiling lips pressing to the corner of my mouth as I laugh.

A/N:

I'm still on vacation but I managed to salvage some wifi to post a chapter. Hope you guys are all still with me and enjoying Abortion ! xo

Please vote/comment :)