Eighteen

Niall's POV

I rolled Shay off of my arm, carefully laying her down on her back and situating a pillow beneath her head. She looked peaceful now, eyes closed and round lips pouted as she slept. I couldn't get the image of her terrified face from last night out of my mind though. It haunted me in my sleep and was the first thing I though about when I woke up this morning.

She shouldn't have to be scared. I didn't want Shay to end up like Chelsea because of what Jesse did, because of what I did.

Pushing my messy hair back and securing it there with a SnapBack, I grab my keys, wallet, and phone before heading out of the bedroom and to the front door. Making sure to lock the door behind me, I take a deep breath and head out of the building, making my way to my car.

I knew Shay wouldn't want me to be doing this right now, but I had to make things right. I had to do something to keep Jesse the fuck away from her, and I didn't care if that meant causing a scene.

Nate's place looks oddly calm when I pull up. The curtains are wide open though, and my teeth clench when I see Jesse stroll by. This is what I wanted, I tell myself. I wanted him to be here because I wanted to confront him. I would turn to violence with him if I needed to, in fact I wanted it to get violent. I wanted to slam my fist into his face again like I had done before, I wanted to hear the crunch of his bones breaking beneath my knuckles. I did it for Chelsea, I would surely do it for my son.

Slamming the car door behind me, I march towards his place with only on thing on my mind. My hands clench, mind racing. I know I shouldn't be doing this, hell, I really shouldn't be here but I couldn't stop myself. I wouldn't let Jesse fuck anything up for me.

I close my hand around the door knob, pounding against it with my other fist when I realize the bastards have it locked. "Open the fucking door!" I scream, kicking my shoe against the bottom of it.

"Niall?"

Jumping around, my eyes blaze with fire and my heart rate increases drastically.

"Chelsea? Fuck, no. You have to get out of here now. You need to-"

The door swings open, a pissed off looking Nate facing me. His eyes widen when he realizes who's pounding on his door.

"Niall, I can expl-"

My fist wraps around the collar of his t-shirt and I yank him towards me, before shoving him as hard as I can into his house.

I see red, hands angrily shoving him back once more as I enter his place. Nate stumbles back, knocking over a side table in the process and falling to the floor.

"How could you bring him to my apartment?!" I scream, flailing my arms in the air. Nate stays completely speechless on the floor, eyes flashing with worry. I wanted to lift my leg and kick him in my face but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I loved Nate like a brother but I felt utterly betrayed.

"Look who it is."

Snapping around, I glare at the main source of my anger. Jesse stands in the doorway from the hall with a smirk, leaning against the frame as he lights a cigarette. My blood boils when I realize Chelsea is standing next to him.

Jesse seems to notice my reaction, his smirk increasing as his thin arm wraps around her waist. I flinch when he yanks her to his side, pressing his mouth to her cheek.

"Haven't saw you in forever, Chels." She closes her eyes, teeth digging into her lip. I want to move but I feel frozen.

His hands travels down her side, sliding behind her backside as he feels her up; right in front of me.