Six

"So, you're really pregnant?" Arabella asks, sitting across from me on our small couch. She's picking at a string that's loose on the cushion, refusing to look up and meet my gaze.

She didn't come home for two days after what happened at work. I had planned out an entire speech in my head, waiting for her to return from work so I could explain.

It did surprise me when she didn't show up, though. I never expected her to be so upset with me that she would decide not to come home for days.

"Yes," I mumble. I hadn't mentioned yet to her my plan of getting an abortion nor had I told her that I was meeting with my one night stand today. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell her that, actually.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She looks up at me then and I feel like my chest has been stomped on. She sounds upset, hurt that I didn't confide in her and her eyes fill up with tears.

"I'm sorry," are the only words I can manage to choke out. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, Shay." She snaps, standing quickly from the couch. I watch as she stomps down the hallway, slamming her bedroom door behind her.

I hated this, this entire pregnancy was doing nothing but cause problems for me so far and as bad as it sounded I resented the fetus growing inside of me for stirring up so much drama.

Standing from the couch, I wipe under my eyes where a few tears had rolled down and picked up my purse from the chair. I had to go meet this man, and get him to sign this paper so everything could just be over.

There was no point in telling Arabella where I was going, she wanted nothing to do with me right now and quite frankly I didn't blame her. I felt disgusting.

*

The small cafe I chose to talk to him at is cozy and warm, with enough tables in the back that we could sit without being bothered or have our conversation be listened to.

I was trying to be calm, and patient, but he was already 10 minutes late and I was growing anxious. What if he doesn't come? What if he never answers his phone again?

I would be stuck in this mess, that's what.

I glance at my watch one more time before I look up to see a figure walking towards me. The closer he gets, the better I recognize him. It was definitely him, I still had the image of him imprinted in my brain.

He walks closer, glancing around at the tables before he seems to spot me. I stand up shakily, my hands trembling.

He frowns slightly, eyeing me carefully. I can smell his cologne as he walks directly in front of me, recognizing it as the same scent he was wearing from that night.

His eyes glance down for only a moment, and I swear I see him take a glimpse at my hardly showing stomach hidden away behind a navy jumper.

"I-I'm Shay Stuart" I gulp, unable to look away from those bright, intoxicating blue eyes. He adjusts his SnapBack so it sits backwards on his head, smoothing down his lilac t-shirt.

"Niall Horan. I remember you.." He frowns, as if he's trying to figure out where he remembers me from.

I guess he was more intoxicated than I originally thought.

I take a seat at the table, and Niall follows. He sits directly across from me, crossing his hands on the table in front of him.

"Uhm, we slept together around 3 months ago." I begin, feeling the pink tinge sting my cheeks. I don't know why this was so difficult for me, maybe it was the fact that I was carrying a man I didn't knows child.

"Right, I'm beginning to remember.." Niall says, his face still holding confusion. He bites his bottom lip, and for a moment I wonder if he knows what's coming next.

"Well, I called you here today because I'm pregnant."

Niall squeezes his eyes closed and sighs, resting his face in his hands. I hear him mutter a few incoherent things under his breath, his accent too thick for me to understand what he was saying. I felt sick all over again.

I'm thankful when the waitress brings me my glass of water, to which I gulp down about half of it while Niall sits silently across from me. When he takes his face out of his hands, I can see the shock setting in.

He lowers his voice, leaning in across the table.

"Are you sure it's mine?"

Anger surges in me and I bite down on my lip, reframing from rolling my eyes. I guess I couldn't exactly blame him for asking, if a woman I didn't know and had only slept with once came to me and said they were pregnant, I would have questions too.

"Yes, I'm 100% positive. I haven't slept with anyone else."

"Okay, so, then, what are we going to do?"

I open up my purse, and pull the paper free. I uncap my pen and slide the paper across the table to him.

"I need you to sign this paper for me."

Niall's confused gaze looks down at the white paper in front of him, his eyes scanning the contents.

A shocked expression snaps up to meet mine, followed by an angry one.

"You want me to sign this so you can get an abortion?"

I nod, breathing heavily.

Niall gasps reluctantly and falls back into his chair, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Why? I don't want to do that."

Oh my fucking god.

"You don't have a choice." I snap, my teeth grit. This was my body, and I didn't want to have a baby.

"If this is my child, then I have a part in this decision, Shay." Niall's eyes are angry as he leans across the table once more; trying to keep his voice low.

I, on the other hand, was getting quite pissed off. I didn't come here to have this debate with him, I came here to get his signature so I could end this.

"This is my body Niall. You don't even know me!" I hadn't meant to raise my voice but I couldn't stop myself.

He has the audacity to roll his eyes at me, his hand balling into a fist on the table.

"I don't believe in abortions." He states simply, as if that was the ultimate solution to this problem.

"I don't care. You're not the one pregnant, I am."

I had to get out of here, I was getting angrier and angrier by every passing second and I was about to blow up in the middle of this cafe. I should have already been gone, with the signed paper in my purse. I should never have to see Niall again, I should be calling the pregnancy centre at this moment setting up my appointment.

"Shay, listen to me, we have to think about this-"

"There's no time to think!" I seethe, slapping my palm against the table top. "I'm 3 months along Niall. I only have until month number 4 to abort this pregnancy, and you're making that quite difficult."

"Well I'm sorry, but that's not what I want." He crosses his arms over his chest like a pouting 5 year old and I'm ready to burst.

"What is it, that you want then?" I dare to ask. I didn't really know if I even wanted his honest answer.

"Maybe, this is a sign." He begins, and I sit silently, hearing him out. "Maybe we're supposed to have this baby, I don't know. I'm not exactly ready, and we don't know each other, but we could change that."

I stare at him blankly, letting his words soak in.

"Let's start over." Niall pushes his hand across the table, encouraging me to take it to shake. "I'm Niall Horan, 21, from Ireland."

~

I'm completely exhausted. School is killing me right now.

I'll update as soon as I can, don't forget to vote and comment :)