46. Promise

Continuation from the control room:

" Excuse me, Sara. Coffee?" He asked, scratching his head.

"Er..." She was interrupted by Francis.

" She won't come anywhere! Did you get anything?" He started with John and ended with Sara.

" Nope! His location was jumping from country to country every 30 seconds and then switched off. So, we didn't get anything; mam was frustrated. " Sara said and handed over the paper of information to Francis.

" Hmm! That must be frustrating. Okay, let's wait for the next clue. Everyone cannot be perfect every time he would leave a clue unknowingly but, we should be keen to notice it!" He said and handed the paper back to her after taking a look at it.

" Hmm, Sara coffee?" John asked once again.

" I said, no!" Francis gritted his words even before Sara could think about it.

" Man! I asked for coffee with Sara, not you. It's better if she replies, not you!" John exclaimed.

" She is my friend, I can sometimes decide for her!" Francis replied.

" Keyword - sometimes. So, now as she is here she can decide it by herself"

The word friend enraged her.

" I will be glad to have a coffee with you. Just a minute I will file the paper and come" She said and walked towards their department.

John plastered a smirk on his face and went inside the control room and came outside with his shoulder bag.

Francis stood there gritting his teeth.

" John, let's go?" Sara asked as she came in with her backpack.

" Yes, sure!" He smiled.

" Sara it's late! I will drop you and then have to go out" Francis tried reasoning and take her from here.

He drops her mostly and when he has works she goes in the office car.

" I don't mind dropping. It's okay if you want to go, you can!" John grinned at him.

Getting irritated he walked from there but he didn't go out, they decided to have coffee in the office in the cafeteria over there.

They sat at a table and ordered their coffee. Francis standing in a distance and was watching them.

Both Sara and John noticed him but didn't bother to question.

" You love him?" John asked as the coffee arrived.

" Yes! But how you know?"

" That is very evident in both of your eyes. He was very jealous when I asked to have coffee with you whereas you accepted only as he mentioned you as his friend!"

" So, that was evident?"

" More than enough for me to get noticed" He chuckled, her face turned into a deep scarlet.

" Even now he is standing there and watching us!"

" This is embarrassing!" She muttered, her face was like a full ripen tomato.

" Nothing to be embarrassed about!" He smiled, she returned it.

They were talking about Francis, that made her blush but whereas he took it like John is flirting with Sara.

" How many years? Why didn't he propose?" John asked sipping his coffee.

" Nearly one year! He didn't propose sometimes I feel friend-zoned"