23.Vulnerable

AUTHOR'S POV:

Pari was on her way to her office, millions of fibers in her body each suffered in some pain, bothers; she had a clear view of solving this case but about the anonymous creep?

She felt helpless, she knew that she is overreacting for this situation, it is very normal to get empty threats from the criminal side but it was different.

She didn't know concealing this from him is correct or wrong?

She felt as if she is deceiving him, he trusts her, he adores her, he believes her blindly, and more than all this, he loves her to life.

If she opens up this thing with him, he would feel insecure and already he is, but when she things of obscuring this, it pricks her. A huge lump formed in her gorge she couldn't swallow it.

" Am I overreacting?"

This was the thought brooding over her grey matter whole through the drive.

She agonized with the happenings.

Her inner debate was disrupted by the honking sound.

She reached her office, they were in parking.

She walked into the office, as soon as she heard typing sound and the telephone sounds her trance broke.

Be Confident Pari, You can and you will do it!

She mumbled to herself as she started to her office.

She read some files and after an hour she went to Karthick's office.

"Karthick, let's go I want to investigate the surroundings of the 7th victim!" She said even without greeting him.

"Good Morning to you too Pari, yeah let's go but we already have their statements right? So?" He asked her.

"Yeah! But as she is a young girl I think there may be something that others don't know but friends, her friends might know; so first, we will investigate others and then we will ask her family about her friends" She said without breaking her trance in something.

"Yeah! Okay" Then they started to their destination.

The ride was filled with silence but it was neither awkward nor peaceful but it was painful, Karthick thought that Pari is distancing her from him as he hid things.

He felt the pain, she was the only one who he can say as family. He was an orphan but when he met Pari he didn't feel so, because she acted like that. Many sympathized with him and many bullied him but Pari, she didn't sympathize with him but treated him as a brother as a family.

He felt very low, it was unintentional but he could have expressed his feeling, he felt as if he lost his bubloo.

Whereas Pari, she felt a little bit hurt when she came to know that he hid the matter but she understood it, now her total concentration was on her case and her Yuvi.

She was continuously debating with her inner self.

"We are here sir" The driver's voice broke their trance.

They went out and started their investigation, their confessions were recorded in a recorder.

When they finished their investigation in the whole surrounding, what they got was.

"Nothing special in her sir, she is a normal girl. Was working at a bank"

Then they decided to confront their family to get about her friends.

The thing their family said was,

"She is an introvert, have only a few friends, she will not poke into other's matter unnecessarily unless and until they ask her, she was not in any relationships, and her parents were strict with her"

After getting information about her friends, they moved to their car.

"Karthick, there are two best friends of her whom we should investigate, let's call them" She said not looking at him.

"So can I call them to our office?" He asked looking at her.

"No! Call them to some cafe they are young girls and they will get frightened to meet us, thinking about the case" she replied looking outside the window.

"Okay!" He called them and asked about their timings they told they will arrive in an hour.

They reached the cafe and sat on a table. As the waitress arrived for getting orders, he ordered an Espresso for himself and a raspberry latte for her.

Yeah! He knows her favorite.

The hour went in silence, it was painful for both of them. Their painful silence was disturbed by a phone call.

"Hello! __oh you are here, okay we are waiting for you in table 6" He said.

As soon as the girls reached they started their investigation.

" So she was in a relationship?" Pari asked as they said whatever they know.

"Yeah! they were, even until her death" she said with tears.

"So, did he come to her funeral, I mean yesterday" Pari enquired her.

"No! Mam he didn't, we even called him but he didn't respond. Instead, his mother responded and said he is not well" The other girl replied.

"So, do you have any suspicion on him or any others?" Pari asked again.

"No! mam, There's no chance he would do it, and also we don't have any suspicions!" She said it strongly.

"How could you do tell it so strongly, maybe he would have killed her?" Pari questioned her confidence.

"She won't involve in others matter, as much as we know she didn't have any problem with people, we are with her since high school and about her boyfriend, we know him since highschool they are in a relationship from then," She said.

" Okay! Thank you for co-operating and please give us her boyfriend's detail, we will contact him" Pari said and they left after a final conversation.

"Pari!" Karthick called her.

"Hmmm!" She replied not looking at him.

"Sorry! Bubloo, please talk with me normally, I couldn't bear your silence. It kills me. I didn't do it intentionally, I don't know what I thought that time, I know I should have let you know, its all my fault. I promise you, this won't happen again, but please talk with me" He apologized to her.

Suddenly Pari started to sob, he didn't know how to react, he is not a girl who will cry easily, he went and sat beside her.

"It's not you Karthick, its not you. It is about me" She sobbed hard leaning on his shoulder, he wrapped his hands around her shoulder and patted her.

" Pari, please don't cry, why what happened?" He asked still trying to stop her cry.

" I am afraid, afraid of losing him Karthi, for the first time in my life I am scared, I don't know what to do now? I feel like I AM GONNA LOSE SOMETHING, WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT IN MY LIFE, I am getting bad instincts Karthi, I can feel the negativity" She sobbed hard.