39. Blue eyes

SID'S POV:

Pari looked very exhausted. She was tired of crying. I know they would have discussed his past too.

I don't know whether he said it fully or not, but I hope he said it entirely.

I looked at both Pari and Yuvi, they looked very weak. So, I thought I would stay here for the night and send them home. I really felt pity seeing Pari sob, maybe I know her just for months but I have never seen her in such a vulnerable state.

Her vulnerable state reminded me of Mithra, Yuvi was more vulnerable than Pari; he saw his sister getting molested and killed in front of his eyes.

It took at least months to make him speak with us all, he did nothing, just studied like a mad. Whenever he gets stressed or angry he would run but after his ban, he didn't at least use the treadmill to run; whenever he tried to run he couldn't, it made him reminiscent of the bitter day.

Then Mithra told him to concentrate on studies, the word was enough for him to go mad on his studies. He was a good student with above-average marks but after that, he went into the toppers list.

When she died his parents couldn't see his state they didn't know whether to mourn her death or to mitigate his feelings.

He will suddenly wake up from sleep and scream Mithra's name, that's why uncle and aunty sent us to the US. After that, the only thing he did was to study. After years he started jogging but till now he has never stepped in the track.

Wounds can be seen but, no pain can be felt!

"No, you go. I and Deepthi will be here!" I said and stood up. I planned this as they looked very exhausted. Yuvi and I have a conference tomorrow so it will be better if she stays here. She will manage if I wanna leave early in the morning.

" Are you okay with this?" I asked with Deepthi.

"Yeah! Only for Karthick, otherwise who will stay along with you!" She mumbled under her breath.

"You okay with this right?" Pari asked Deepthi.

"Yeah! I am okay with this. You look so pale you didn't sleep last night too, go take rest for some time" She patted Pari's cheeks.

Pari hugged her and said us to be careful.

"Don't worry we will be and he will be too!" I assured her, standing next to Deepthi and gave a small smile.

Before leaving Pari mouthed a " careful " once again, I just smiled.

"What did you plan? Huh? Dare to do something!" Deepthi yelled a whisper after they left, I felt a sting in my heart.

Does she think that low of me?

What made her think like that?

"What made you think like that? What did I do to you?" I voiced out my question.

"Last time don't you...." I cut her off.

"Last time, don't YOU remember? You lost your control too!" I questioned her.

She went silent.

"What do you think? I will sit and play with you when someone is in here mourning?" "This is just ridiculous!"

Then she was silent after sometimes I felt a slight weight on my shoulder, I saw my Deepu sleeping on my shoulder.

I could just smile when I look at her face.

She avoids me,

She insults me,

She doesn't care for me,