2

Calum's POV

On the walk home, Ashton began to ask me a bunch of questions once Michael finished saying how his first day back was.

"So, Calum, weird question, but what would you say the best thing about being you is?"

"Uh, why?" I asked awkwardly.

"Just wondering."

"Well, I'd say it's because I have a pretty good life if I do say so myself. I mean, I have great friends, great family, no drama. I like that."

"Ahhh," Ashton said, smiling. "Got'cha."

Michael, Luke, and I exchanged some weird glances. Then Ashton asked, "If you could choose between being a superhero, or being an average boy, which would you choose?"

"Uh, I don't know, an average boy, I guess. You could be an average person and still be a superhero in your own way."

I could've sworn I heard Ash whisper, "You're my superhero" but Michael was already laughing.

"How could you be a superhero if you're just an average idiot like you? Maybe normal people like me, but not you. And especially, not these two," he joked, motioning to Luke and Ashton.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him, making him fall in the grass and start laughing. Ashton started laughing, too, a little too loudly and heartfelt for the situation. It wasn't as funny as he was making it out to be.

~

"Why is Ash acting so weird?" I asked Michael that night.

"Maybe he's just being weird. We all get that weird question phase for a few minutes sometimes," he said, which was true, I guess.

"When you first hit the blunt," I laughed, which made him laugh, too.

But the whole Ashton thing still bothered me. It was too... weird.