11

Luke's POV

That night I couldn't stop thinking about lunch. How Ashton looked so upset when I said nobody likes me. It hurt so badly that Ashton didn't like me in the slightest way back. I just wanted to love him without him not loving me back.

At these thoughts, I felt warm tears falling down my cheeks and a sob escaped my lips.

I broke down laying on my bed, sobbing and crying into my pillow, my sobs echoing through the empty house.

"Ashton," I whimpered, wishing he could just hold me.

But no, Ashton has to like Calum. I became angry and picked up a book on my bed, and threw it at the wall. It made a loud bang that echoed throughout the house and I tried to slow my heartbeat.

-

I walked into school the next day seeing Ashton and Calum laughing with each other at Calum's locker. I felt my fists clench at instinct and I gritted my teeth. I unclenched my fists and tried to calm myself down.

I felt a hand on my back and I turned to see Michael with a straight face.

"Come on. It's not worth it," he whispered, and lead me away from the scene.

-

"It can't be real, Michael. Ashton doesn't love Calum. It's just a temporary crush, I swear it."

Michael and I were the last two in the locker room for gym class. I was talking to him about Calum and Ash.

"Whatever you say, Luke," Michael sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," I groaned.

"You're blind, Luke. Ashton does love Calum no matter how badly you wish he didn't," Michael said, his voice raising.

"Stop yelling at me," I demanded. "You're wrong, Michael!"

I shoved him and stomped out to the gym, leaving him behind.

-

It was the second last period of the day. Calum was in the same class. He sat down beside me and ignored me, probably figuring I was pissed at him, which I sort of was. I leaned close to him and whispered, "Hi."

"Hey," he said awkwardly, with a close-mouthed smile.

"D-Does, um... does Ashton, you know, love you?" I asked.

Calum sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger.

"He told me today at the locker that he was in love with me but he didn't want to make things uncomfortable," Calum whispered, looking at me sympathetically.

"Oh," I said, nodding slowly, blinking back the tears.

-

The dismissal bell rang and I ran to the locker room where I knew Michael would be, and I burst through the door, seeing him standing there, shoving things in the locker, getting ready to leave.

"Michael, you were right," I cried, throwing my arms around him.

He hugged me back tightly and let me cry into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I kept sobbing.

"Lukey, shhh... stop crying," he whispered, rubbing circles into my back.

"Ashton d-does love Calum. I fucking hate my l-life."

"No, Luke," Michael whispered. "Don't say that."

He held me in front of him, his hands on my shoulder, and he used one hand to wipe my cheeks. Then I saw that he had tears dripping down his face, too.

"W-Why are you-"

"I hate seeing you hurt, Luke. I know I act like I hate you and I act like you bother me but I love you and I care about you. Just please don't cry. Don't hate your life, you're breaking my heart," he broke down and we both hugged each other, sobbing and hugging.

When he calmed down, he pulled away and said, "C-Can I tell you something?"

"Anything, Mikey," I said quietly.

"Okay, so I, um, I dumped Kelli."

"Oh, Michael, I'm so sor-"

"No. That's not it," he interrupted me. "For a few weeks now, I've been realizing something and it's been scaring me and, well, Luke, I fucking love you. And I wanted to be your boyfriend."

"But Michael, you're straight."

"I'm bisexual, Luke."

My heart skipped a beat when Michael finished.

"You don't like me back though. Do you?" Michael asked sadly, another tear falling down his face.

"Mikey..."

"No, stop. It's fine, Luke."

He walked past me but I reached out and grabbed his hand to stop him. I laced our fingers together and brought him close to me.

"Can I tell you something now?"

He stayed silent, avoiding my eyes.

"I do like you, Michael Clifford. I have since year six. I do like Ashton, but that happened after I liked you. Mikey, don't go," I pleaded.

He finally looked into my eyes and the beautiful green sensation took me over and he kissed me fiercely. My body slammed against the locker and he trailed his hands down my torso, my hips touching his, my hands reaching up under his shirt on his back. His tongue danced around mine and one of his hands went up to tug on my hair. I let out a moan as his hand tugged on my blonde hair.

He pulled away breathlessly and rested his forehead against mine. He smelled beautifully of cologne, sweat, and boy and I just couldn't handle how amazing he was.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Michael whispered to me, pecking my lips.

"Yes, Michael Clifford, yes, I'll be your boyfriend."

I kissed his lips again and he smiled against the kiss. I pulled away and intertwined our fingers, his small, soft hands fitting perfectly in mine.

"I've been waiting for that moment for years," I smiled, blushing.

"I have too. I just never knew it until a few weeks ago," Michael smiled, fixing my hair. "It was more beautiful than I imagined."

"You're more beautiful than anyone I could ever imagine," I smiled.

"Even Ashton?" he smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"Who?" I smirked, and kissed his lips again.

-

WHOA PLOT TWIST OMG IDK WHAT I DID BUT ITS BEAUTIFUL OKAY