14

Luke's POV

As I watched Ashton leave, I felt like a jerk. Truth was, I still had feelings for Ashton. It's just I couldn't tell him, nor Michael, that. So I had lied to him and said that he meant nothing to me anymore. Seeing Ashton cry was possibly the worst thing ever, and I wished I could have solved the situation better. I love two different people.

I sat there on my floor for a long while after I heard the door slam.

But I got up when I heard a knock at the door. But it wasn't Ashton this time. It was Michael.

"Hey, Lukey," he smiled. "You look sad."

I shrugged and took his hand in mine. I pulled him inside and hugged him as tight as I could.

"Michael, I love you."

"I love you, too. What's going on?" he asked.

"Nothing. Don't worry. Just tired," I lied. All I seem to do is lie.

"No, you're lying, babe. Tell Mikey what's wrong."

"D-Do I still have feelings for Ashton?" I asked under my breath.

Michael pulled away.

"Do you?" he asked, surprisingly calm.

"I don't know," I whispered, and I knew I was on the verge of tears. "I don't think so. No," I lied.

Stop lying, Luke. You'll only hurt Michael in the end.

"Why'd you bring that up?" Michael asked.

I shrugged.

"Well... I love you, Luke."

"I love you, too," I lied again.

I was digging a deep hole for myself, and I knew it'd all come crashing down to bury me when this was over.