Epilogue

Luke's POV

I jumped into the pool and splashed Ashton.

"Luke! Now I'm all wet," he laughed.

"Oh no, now you'll have to come in with me!" I smirked.

He sighed and took off his shirt, tied his swimsuit, and dove in beside me, splashing me in the face. He came up laughing and kissed my cheek.

"Hey, now, watch where you're splashing," Michael shouted.

He sat in the shade with his sunglasses on while laying on a lounge chair.

"How are you going to get tan if you're in the shade, Michael?" Calum asked from the raft he was floating on.

"Fuck tan. I don't do sunlight."

We all laughed.

"Okay, but you'll never be as tan as me even if you tried," Calum boasted.

"Flip him," Michael mouthed to us.

Ash and I flipped Calum over and he went splashing into the water. He came up spluttering and coughing.

"Fuck you guys," he laughed.

We got into a splashing fight and accidentally splashed Michael in the face.

"Oh, that's it!" he smirked.

He yanked off his shirt and jumped in, drenching us all. He came up and the splash fight continued until we all got tired. I ended up cuddling with Ashton on the raft, Calum was sitting on the donut getting a tan (like he needed one), and Michael was eating his second slice of pizza.

"I plan to beat me ultimate record of pizza slices," he announced.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Eleven."

"Holy fuck. Mine is, like, three."

"Four," Ashton said.

"Eight," Calum spoke, then patted his abs. "Still got these babies."

"You're so modest," I laughed, and Calum stuck his tongue out playfully at me before chuckling.

-

That night, we all sat in my room watching a movie. It was really late, like three or four in the morning, and Ashton was asleep in my arms. Michael and Calum were still awake with me though.

"You know? This was worth it. Thanks for the party, Luke," Calum said.

"Yeah. It was fun. I'm glad we're back to normal."

I smiled.

"Me too."

-

"I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE YOU!"

"YAY WE'RE BACK TO NORMAL!"

We were all in my car on the way to the beach, screaming the words to this shitty-yet-good song on the radio. Whoever the fuck Carly Rae Jepsen was, she was alright.

"You call this normal?" I snorted.

Everyone laughed, even my mum. Ashton rested his head on my shoulder and kissed my jawline. I turned my head and kissed him on the lips before intertwining our hands together.

"I love you, Lukey."

"I love you too, Ash."

As I sat in the backseat of my mum's car, Calum (he'd called shotgun) in front of me and Michael beside me, I felt like life couldn't get better. And with my beautiful boyfriend pressed up against me, I knew that he was worth the chase. And I was willing to chase him to the end's of the earth if necessary.