Ashton

That's what Ashton looks like in the story.

~

I walked next to Luke, who seemed deep in thought. I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at him until he caught my glance and turned his head. A deep red blush coated his cheeks the second he looked at me and he looked away. I was confused. Was he hiding something from me? Was he embarrassed about something?

"Luke? You okay, Lukey?"

His eyes widened and he blushed at the nickname and a small, almost invisible smile crept on his lips. Then the corners of his mouth went back down and he was serious again.

"Yeah, of course, A-Ashton."

We were a block away from our houses. I had to find out what was bothering him.

"Luke, you seem bothered. You can tell me. I'm your best friend."

I nudged his arm with my elbow and he jumped.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" I asked, worried I'd done something wrong.

He looked surprised.

"N-No, Ash. You didn't do anything," he said frantically, holding onto my arm and stopping me from walking. "I promise. Don't be sad."

"Okay, okay! I was just wondering. It's okay, Luke, I'm fine. Why are you so jumpy though? Your nails are digging into my skin by the way."

He yanked his hands away and stuffed them in his pockets.

"Look, it's just I really have these strong feelings for someone. And you know this person. Very well. They're making me feel really awkward because we're kind of close. But they're so perfect but I don't think they like me back."

I fixed the black bandana on my head and looked at Luke again.

"Oh. Is it a boy or girl?"

"Boy."

"What's he like?"

"Um... he's funny, sweet, caring, has really pretty hazel eyes, a cute little nose, a cute smile, a hot body, he plays an instrument, um... he's a little shorter than me, and I think he's the definition of perfect inside and out," he babbled.

"Awww, Luke, he sounds amazing! What's his name?"

His eyes went wide again.

"Oh, look! My house. Got to go. B-Bye, Ash," he stammered, and jogged up to his front door, disappearing inside of it.

I raised an eyebrow and kept walking to my house, three doors down.