12

Ashton's POV

After school, I went to Calum's house and asked if we could hang out. He said yes, so I walked up his driveway and into his house. I sat beside him on his bed, taking out my pencil and notebook.

"What's your biggest fear?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Why?" he asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"Just asking."

"The dark, I guess," he shrugged, and I scribbled that down in my notebook.

"What are you writing?" he asked.

"Homework."

Calum tried to glance at it, but I covered it playfully. He pouted. I laughed and he laughed too. He fixed his hair, using his fingers to brush it in the right direction. I tried not to look like I was checking him out. I quickly leaned in and tried to kiss him.

But he put his hands on my shoulder and pushed me away. He stood.

"Ashton! What the fuck!"

I shoved my notebook in my backpack. I stood up after him.

"Calum, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

"You never do, you slut! Never kiss me, okay? I don't like you like that and I'm sorry, but I never will!"

I felt warm tears stinging my eyes and I tried to pull myself together. I didn't want to cry anymore.

"I'm straight," he said firmly.

I ran out of the house as fast as I could and went the one place I knew I could talk to someone.

Luke's house.