9

Michael's POV

When Ashton asked to hang out after all that's happened, I was completely confused. I even double-checked to see if he was sure or if he accidentally sent it to me instead of someone else. But he said that he wanted me.

So I stood on his doorstep and rang the doorbell. He opened it and visibly gulped.

"Hi, Michael. Come in."

I stepped awkwardly into his house. It was warm and inviting. I walked up to his room and he sat on the bed. I sat on the chair in front of it.

"I-I just want to... to, um, apologize," he said, blinking a lot and stuttering. "I just... I-I, uh... I really didn't mean to fuck shit up with us, and it's all my fault we're splitting ap-part."

He failed to stop the single tear that fell down his cheek. I reached out to wipe it away. I hugged him before he could say anything else.

"Stop," I whispered. "It's okay. I'm sorry I called you a slut and made everything shitty for you."

He nodded and hugged me back, sniffling.

"It's okay, Mikey. I-I missed you."

"I missed you, too."

We pulled away and sat in awkward silence for a few moments before Ashton picked up his laptop and asked, "Do you want to stay for dinner maybe?"

"I'd like to," I smiled. "Thanks."

He started to type away on his laptop vigorously.

"What'cha writin'?" I asked.

I tried to look at it, but he pulled it away.

"Ash?"

"You can't see it."

"Why?" I chuckled.

"Because, um, it's-"

I snatched the laptop away and read the screen. It was an English paper all about Calum.

"Aw, Ashton. You really do like Calum a lot, don't you?"

"He's so perfect," Ashton sighed dreamily. "He's cute, funny, smart, caring. I love the way his hair is so curly sometimes and it's silky and soft. He smells really good too and his eyes make me melt. God, I love Calum."

I sighed sadly. Ashton wasn't a slut. I was all wrong.

"A-Ashton, you're not a slut. I can't say how sorry I am."

Ashton hugged me again.

"It's okay, Mikey."

I smiled and hugged him back. His embrace made me so much happier. We were finally friends again.