13

Ashton's POV

I ran all the way to Luke's house, holding back my tears. I tripped up his driveway and landed on my face, and I saw blood on the pavement. I lifted my fingers to my nose which was bleeding down my lips. I wiped it on my hand and went to the door. I knocked with my clean hand. I was shaking waiting for Luke- or someone- to answer the door. It was only a few seconds but it felt like hours to me. Luke answered.

"Ashton? What are you doing here? Why are you bleeding?"

I wiped my nose again and sniffled.

"Can we talk?" I asked, my voice sounding a little rough.

Luke hesitantly nodded and I walked behind him until we reached his bedroom. I sat down by his bed and he sat beside me.

"What happened?" he asked again.

"I was at Calum's house, and um, I-I went to kiss him and he pushed me away and he was screaming at me."

Luke's jaw clenched and he looked away. He seemed offended. Probably because it wasn't him I was kissing.

"You're mad, aren't you?" I asked, chewing on my bottom lip.

"No. I'm with Michael anyway. So you no longer mean anything to me."

I felt more tears about to spill, and I took a shaky deep breath.

"Luke..."

"Ashton, shut up. Okay? I don't like you anymore. What part of that do you not understand?"

I stood without a word and wiped my eyes. Luke handed me a tissue without looking at me, and I dabbed away the tears, then gently held it against my bleeding nose. I turned on my heel and walked out of the house, noticing nobody was home except Luke. Luke didn't even look at me on my way out.