5

The pic above is Luke's wallpaper and if you scroll left the song is Lashton's feelings right now

Ashton's POV

I walked to my locker to get my stuff and walk home. It was finally Friday and I was happy to go home for the weekend.

"Hey."

I turned to see Michael standing behind me.

"Oh, hi, Michael."

"We need to talk."

"Can you make it quick?" I asked.

"You like Calum."

"And?"

"You're stealing him away from me."

"I thought you were strai-"

"No, no, no! I meant, you're stealing my best friend!"

"What?" I scoffed. "That's crazy talk, Michael."

"No, Ashton. You're crazy! You are constantly clinging onto him! You... You're a slut!"

I felt a pang of hurt in my heart at that last word, and I felt warm tears threatening to spill.

"No, I'm not!" I protested, jabbing my pointer finger at his chest. "Fuck off."

"You're a selfish slut, Ashton."

"I'm n-not selfish!"

"Yes, you are! You want Calum all to yourself and you make Luke look like a fool! He's falling for your fool's gold, Ashton. You're going to hurt him, and when you do, he's not going to want you anymore. Then Calum is going to hate you for being a thirsty little bitch, hurting Luke, and I won't like you that much either! Right now, Ash, you're making me sick."

I felt tears slip out of my eyes as Michael yelled at me.

"Stop crying," he snapped. "This is your own fault. You're a best friend stealer, a thirsty bitch, and a slut."

"Stop calling me that!" I cried.

"Fuck you, Ashton Irwin."

I watched Michael walk off down the hall and I burst into tears against the locker. I can't believe he'd do that to me.

"Ashton?"

I turned and saw Luke standing behind me, a confused expression on his face.

"Why are you crying?"

"L-Luke... Michael's right. I'll only h-hurt you," I sobbed.

"What?"

"I'm a slut, Luke."

Luke slipped his hand into mine, and I was extremely uncomfortable.

"You're not a slut, Ashton. Why would you be? What did Michael tell you?"

"Can I t-tell you at your house?" I asked.

Luke nodded and took his hand out of mine, but when he did, I felt like I missed his touch against mine.

-

"So then he kept calling me a slut and I started crying and he said 'Fuck you' and left."

Luke sat down next to me when I finished and looked at me, contemplating whether he should say anything or not.

"Oh," was all he said. Then, "He's just mad. He'll get over it."

I nodded and looked down at my lap, ashamed. Luke patted my leg comfortingly, and I couldn't help but smile. Why?

"I'll be right back. I'm going to use the bathroom."

I nodded again and watched him close the door and walk down the hall. I glanced at his laptop and saw he had his English paper open. I pulled it closer and read it.

He explained how much he thought I was beautiful and that I brightened up his world. He went on and on about how amazing I apparently was, and I felt both flattered and awkward. I clicked on the wallpaper and saw it was me with my Starbucks cup that time we went to the amusement park together last year. I had a vest on and I looked pretty good for once. But he made me his wallpaper!? Um...

"What are you doing on there, Ashton?"

I swung around, seeing the door open and Luke standing there angrily.

"I-I... uhh..."

"What the hell! I have personal stuff on there."

"Oh, really?" I snapped. "Because it seems like it's all about me!"

Luke blushed and looked down.

"I'm sorry, Luke. I shouldn't have looked at it. I was just so curious and I couldn't help myself. It was an invasion of privacy and I'm sorry."

"No, Ashton! I look like an idiot and a creep once again. Yes, now you know I'm writing my paper about you and that my wallpaper is you and that I can't help my infatuation for you! But why would you look at it like that?"

"I don't know," I mumbled sadly.

"You are a slut!"

"Stop! Calling me that!" I cried, shoving him.

He smacked me hard and I began to throw punches and slaps at him, and his fist collided with my nose as mine collided with his jaw.

We both stopped fighting and he glanced at me angrily.

"Get out of here, Ashton!"

"Luke, wait, please, I-"

"No! I don't want to hear it!"

He paused.

"I hate you," he whispered, holding his jaw.

My heart skipped a beat and I gathered my stuff. I shamefully walked to the door and over to my house. I fuck everything up.